In this decisive decade, UBCO is unlocking off-road adventure for more people than ever before – and we are on the cusp of the ride of our lives! Our expanding intelligent electric adventure vehicle (EAV) platform is increasingly being used by a diverse audience anyone from campers, surfers and trail blazers to food delivery providers, urban commuters, and last-minute shoppers. Originating and headquartered in New Zealand, UBCO now has key locations in the US, Taiwan, UK, and New Zealand, and is embarking on a major step change in growth.
The core values at UBCO reflect our beliefs, fundamental driving forces, and priorities. We follow and live by Unlock, Build, Connect and Own.
UNLOCK your potential/ About the Position
The District Manager Role is responsible for development and maintenance of a dealer network and retail sales of UBCO’s line of vehicles by assuring fair and complete UBCO product representation in assigned area of responsibility. Generating new, high-quality sales qualified prospects, meet all key performance metrics and goals on a weekly and monthly basis, convert prospects into potential customers via telephone, email or meeting respond to sales leads from marketing generated activities and campaigns.
This position is remote, but will require travel in a assigned region in the area you reside. We will consider candidates from other states near this region. Preference for the perfect candidate to reside in one of the following areas: Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina or South Carolina.
OWN the Hub space
- Market research and generate new, high quality sales qualified prospects
- Research companies of various sizes and verticals and identify key contacts; perform account intelligence as needed
- Work with prospects to understand their key business challenges and the quantifiable impact solutions UBCO could provide
- Respond to sales leads from marketing generated activities and campaigns
- Create Consumer and Dealer prospects into customers via phone, email and meetings
- Create deals in HubSpot Pipeline.
- Dealer Development
- Travels within assigned territory to call on existing and potential new dealer prospects
- Prospects targeted areas within the district with a goal of a new dealer establishment
- Follows up with new dealer prospects that have reached out to UBCO and determines outcome
- Assists and advises new dealer prospects with UBCO’s application process and during startup process
- Initiates recommendations for dealer improvement activities or termination procedures
- Travels within assigned territory to call on existing and potential new dealer prospects.
- Solicits dealers for the wholesale of vehicles, parts and accessories.
- Ensures dealership personnel are aware/taking advantage of all of UBCO’s dealer support programs.
- Provides ongoing product and sales training to dealer network and confirms dealership personnel are participating in UBCO’s online training courses.
- Confirms UBCO’s brand identification and products are on display and are at least equal to any other brands carried.
- Verifies that dealers operate and adhere to the policies set forth in UBCO’s Sales and Service agreement
- Attends corporate meetings, trade shows and supports local events within assigned territory.
- Manage CRM Database
- Manage the CRM database (HubSpot) and run campaigns to drive new leads
- Keep clean data and record information in correct properties
- Enroll contacts in appropriate sequences and workflows
- Completes various reports, including expense reports, dealer call reports and field reports to help keep the corporate office in the loop regarding competitive information, market conditions and industry trends within assigned territory.
BUILD on your experience
- Experience in E/V, Auto Sales, Franchise Sales, and Powersports Sales
- You have 4 years of sales, customer, or lead generation experience
- You have 2 years of outside salesYou are proficient with HubSpot CRM solutions
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You have an internal motivation and drive to succeed in a goal-driven position
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks
- Extremely detail and deadline oriented
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills
- Brings energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts
- Able to load a 2x2s on a trailer (including the loading and unloading of demo units)
- Must have or be willing to get a motorcycle endorsement on driver’s license
Nice to have
- Likes to ride ebikes, motorcycles, dirt bikes or scooters
- Brings energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts
- May be occasionally required to work more than 8 hours during a workday
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have or be willing to get a motorcycle endorsement on driver’s license.
- Will be required to travel 75% of time in a regional area
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
- Able to load a 2x2s on a trailer (including the loading and unloading of demo units).
- Frequently move in active environment (i.e., requires ability to constantly move about)
- Ability/willingness to operate an electric bike (UBCO 2×2)
- Ability to use standard manual tools for upkeep and maintenance for UBCO bikes
CONNECT to the ride of your life
Set your sights high with significant career development opportunities in a company on the cusp of remarkable growth
Help grow a meaningful business from the early stages with an ambitious group of like-minded innovators
Zip out to the beach, the nature park or up to the shops, on one of our 2X2s from our idyllic location in Tauranga
Engage widely with our global company footprint, building lasting relationships with diverse, exceptional minds, around the world
See your work come to life, being loved, and used in the most unusual places worldwide from the desert to the arctic, and everything in between
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skill set
- Commission and Travel reimbursement
- 11 paid Holidays while the office is closed
- 20 days (4 weeks) of paid time off in a year
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work anywhere from US
- 100% company paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- FSAs, Short Term & Long Term Disability, and 401K
- Company paid laptop
- A chance to test out Electric Adventure Vehicles in the industry
- Employee discount to purchase 2X2’s
UBCO is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other positions, and we are excited about hearing from you.
UBCO is committed to an environment of mutual respect and inclusion, representative of all backgrounds and abilities. We celebrate the differences of our teammates and are a proud ally in our diversity goal as an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at UBCO are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, or gender identity. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact our local office.
About UBCO - Electric Adventure Vehicles
At UBCO we believe in creating products that enable people to do inspiring things, whether that's exploring our planet, creating a better world, or working smarter.
Since its inception in 2015, UBCO has evolved into a digitally connected EV platform including on- and off-road transport (2X2), accessories, and cloud-based software. Founded in New Zealand, UBCO can now be found in the United States, Europe/UK, and Australia. We are passionate about providing a complete solution to our customers, from individual users to fleet managers, and have developed our product range to support a wide range of applications.
The 2X2 is an all-wheel-drive electric motorbike that can go both on-road and off-road. Ultra-quiet, lightweight, and low maintenance, it can go through mud, up hills, over asphalt, and across streams without a second thought.
The UBCO 2X2 - All-terrain, all-utility, and all-fun!