Job Description: Parts Manager
Department: Parts and Accessory
Manage employees and operations of the Parts & Accessories department. Provide courteous, knowledgeable assistance to customers; perform cashiering, stocking and other duties to promote efficient functioning of department. Identify correct part numbers specific to a motorcycle. Resolve difficult customer problems in a courteous and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient P&A department.
• Ensure P&A personnel are well trained and available when needed.
• Ensure the needs of the service department are being met.
• Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of Parts & Accessories
• Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio along with an accurate inventory.
• Assist/coach/train staff when needed.
• Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management and control system (Open to Buy).
• Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management
• Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, and selling all merchandise.
• Ensure employees keep a clean and orderly department.
• Generate and review Inventory and OTB reports.
• Recruit and hire staff based on needs.
• Employ sound management practices to ensure parts department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
• Maximize return on investment of parts inventory.
• Grow the volume of P&A sales.
• Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
• Develop advertising and promotional campaigns for merchandise.
• Provide reports to Dealer Principal or General Manager, as requested.
• Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with General Manager.
• Attend training sessions to keep current with P&A merchandising and inventory control issues.
• Plan and execute promotions to bring both new and existing customers into the dealership on a regular basis.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
•Strong leadership skills
•Strong sales and sales management skills
•Experience with retail sales and inventory management
•Previous experience in developing and coaching a high performance sales team
•Prefer knowledge and experience with servicing of the brand of motorcycles we carry, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them
•Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn Lightspeed Evo.
•Manage employees and operations of the Parts & Accessories department
•Provide courteous, knowledgeable assistance to customers; perform cashiering, stocking and other duties to promote efficient functioning of department
•Identify correct part numbers specific to a motorcycle
•Resolve difficult customer problems in a courteous and professional manner
•Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient P&A department
•Ensure P&A personnel are well trained and available when needed
• Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the workloads of all employees with the needs of the department.
• Set policies and procedures for P&A department.
• Establish daily job assignments for sales staff as directed in the Daily Huddle and or jobs, which you determine to be appropriate and necessary.
• Evaluate and council department employees and maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
• Evaluate employee performance and keep General Manager aware of any issues, both positive and negative.
• Assist General Manager with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
• Provide training for all P&A employees (seminars; workshops; P&A sales, inventory mgmt., etc.). Qualifications & Job Requirements
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong sales and sales management skills.
• Experience with retail sales and inventory management.
• Previous experience in developing and coaching a high performance sales team.
• Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn.
• Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, along with general email/internet.
Salary and Benefits
· Salary range from $60k to 75k depending on experience and what you bring to the table. There is potential to grow that number!
· $5,000 re-locate assistance / sign on bonus
· Health Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Employee discounts
About TWIGG CYCLES
At Twigg Cycles, we are proud to be one of the premier dealers of Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Suzuki, Yamaha and Indian Motorcycle for Hagerstown, Martinsburg, Chambersburg, Winchester and the entire Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia and Tri-State area. We proudly offer new and used ATVs, motorcycles, scooters, side by sides, UTVs and personal watercraft, and we service what we sell.
In addition, we have thousands of Parts and Accessories for ATVs, motorcycles, scooters, side by sides, and personal watercraft. If we don't have what you need in-store, we will get it for you. Along with all the OEM product we access to get you the best from MSR, Biker's Choice, Answer Racing, Fly Racing, Fox, Speed and Strength, and more.
The Twigg Cycles Service Team is composed of highly skilled technicians who have an average of 19 years’ experience in the powersports industry. Our knowledgeable service advisers have more than 8 years of experience in the field. Our service department has been the recipient of awards from the manufacturers we carry including Suzuki Super Service, and Yamaha Pro, for recognition of our high standards of customer service.
Our phone number is (301) 739-2773. Give us a call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're waiting to hear from you!