The Street Vendor Manager will coordinate the relationships with our street segment vendors and oversee the growth of the portfolio of product. The manager will guide the execution of a growth strategy for each brand, ensuring Tucker delivers well-rounded product lines that fits with the overall street portfolio strategy for the company.
The position will oversee all merchandising and buying functions to guide the process, selection, pricing and buying of merchandise for these distributed brands. In addition, the role will support all marketing efforts while coordinating between merchandising and sales to bring the appropriate strategies, tactics and tools to drive profitability sales.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
Portfolio Management – Overseeing relationships with each brand
- Manage product mix that is appropriate to support the changing needs of our customers
- Review and propose assortment and buy plans; manage inventory levels and open-to-buy across product categories
- Use analytics to evaluate item and assortment performance, and to suggest changes to steward the brands forward
- Support supplier negotiation and partnership strategies
- Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency
- Monitor merchandise sell-through and market trend information – support holistic analytics to anticipate product, vendor, and customer opportunities while optimizing placement, pricing, and promotion
- Introduce new items/brands and rationalize under performers to keep a complete and healthy portfolio
Marketing Oversight – Engage with marketing support teams to lead a street portfolio marketing plan
- Coordinate with the marketing team to build a comprehensive marketing plan to connect with our customers
- Oversee development of creative advertising and sales plans
- Identify ways to drive sales generation and ensure action is taken to achieve goals
- Support catalog development, social media strategies, online presence, and sales team product training
- Ensure customer service appropriately supports product service questions from pricing, technical specifications, and warranty claims
- Manage to a marketing budget
Contribute to Tucker Team
- Coordinate with the street team, as well as other portfolios (e.g. tires, apparel, etc.) to ensure the owned brand strategies fit within the Tucker catalog to enhance the value of our distributed brands
- Identify opportunities for improved profitability and working capital
- Support the drive for continuous team improvement
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of eight years’ merchandising and marketing experience with proven ability to manage portfolio mix and profitability
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment and able to successfully drive cross-functional collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency in merchandising, pricing, and marketing
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
- Experience in the motorsport industry preferred
- Experience leading owned brands, including working with third-party partners and suppliers preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
About Tucker Powersports
Our relentless commitment to dealer and brand partners is the reason why Tucker is a world-class leader in the delivery of powersports aftermarket parts, accessories and apparel. We offer tens of thousands of products from the powerhouse brands that today’s powersports dealers and enthusiasts demand. With over 50 years of experience, a knowledgeable staff of trained professionals, focus on marketing, and superior customer support, our goal is to deliver the excitement of the “powersports experience” to dealers and enthusiasts alike. We deliver the most powerful brands in powersports. One name, one company—one family. We are Tucker.