Troy Lee Designs, the world’s leading aspirational brand of bicycle and motocross helmets and apparel, is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer Protection. The Senior Designer for Protection will lead all aspects of the design process for TLD protection from inception through buy ready completion. This position is responsible for creating an innovative and proprietary protection product line that will differentiate itself in the motocross and mountain bike markets and create an incremental growth opportunity for the TLD brand.
- Lead all design aspects for introduction of all new protection product line for bike and moto that releases in 2022.
- Partner with Bike and Moto PM’s with establishing a proprietary design strategy, direction, and design language for the entire product line, in order to create a proprietary position and maximize commercial opportunity.
- Full execution of transformation from product line direction into technical designs for entire product line.
- Partner with development team on full execution of product development process from start to final buy ready status.
- Work alongside TLD design teams in apparel and helmets to ensure protection product line includes key TLD DNA ingredients.
- Work with PLM’s on product line strategy specific to architecture, pricing strategies, and profitability targets to ensure strong revenue and gross margin targets.
- Work closely with supply chain on product development, raw material development, testing, R&D requirements, etc.
- Work with key athletes on product development and testing to ensure product meets all expected requirements.
- Assist in leading product meetings at all stages from product creation through go to market.
- 5-7 years’ plus of industrial design experience.
- Significant knowledge, involvement, and understanding of the mountain bike and motocross markets.
- Significant knowledge and usage of design software such as Illustrator, Solidworks, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of graphic design.
- Excellent knowledge on completion of construction documentation specific to design.
- Full-time position
- Employee discounts
- Great work/life balance
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- Career opportunities
- An amazing place to work!