Salary Range: $130K - $140K Annually (DOE)
Under the direction of the Director, Product Merchandising, the Helmet & Protection Developer is responsible for leading the multi-stage product development process from concept through commercialization and achieve the objectives / calendar milestones assigned to each project. This position will serve as the liaison between Design, Product Line Management & Merchandising, Technical Staff, Suppliers, and all related partners specific to assigned projects to ensure cross functional alignment and execution. Having an in-depth technical knowledge of Helmet and Protection products, creating, maintaining, and disseminating technical information and all necessary documentation for achieving quality product execution is key to the success of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage comprehensive helmet project development processes and achieve milestones to ensure on time delivery and go to market execution.
- Lead and manage comprehensive protection project development processes and achieve milestones to ensure on time delivery and go to market execution.
- Serve as Project Manager and lead detailed communications and daily progress for all cross functions specific to internal 2Ride Manufacturing projects as well as assigned projects with other nominated suppliers.
- Lead communication and execution with all 2Ride Development partners including multiple stages of 3D Design, Tooling development, Material development, Costing resources and multiple functions crucial to project completion.
- Lead communication with nominated suppliers to track supplier services and execution to ensure on time development for commercialization.
- Develop and manage all project calendars to meet milestones from concept through commercialization.
- Ensure Quality Control with all partners and processes from concept through commercialization.
- Understand and lead certification requirements and ensure all products meet current and future global certifications.
- Partner with internal departments with completion of product briefs, understand product and design intent, and interpret comments throughout development process in order to translate into comprehensive specs within technical documentation.
- Monitor raw material development and approval process (in conjunction with design) to achieve product and calendar requirements.
- Partner with Graphic team in managing graphic development to ensure on time seasonal execution and achieve go to market requirements.
- Continually make sure all technical documents are complete and up-to-date.
- Manage and monitor daily vendor communication, tracking, and comments for each style throughout the development cycle.
- Address technical, styling & fit, and functional comments during development (in conjunction with Designers).
- Ensure all raw materials are compliant and meet necessary requirements.
- Lead helmet and protection testing and certification efforts to ensure proper global go to market execution.
- Point of contact for the PLM teams, specific to sample and buy ready product status.
- Partner with Design and PLM in negotiations, achieving target costing and margin requirements to meet product objections.
- Responsible for ensuring each product is 100% approved and production ready at specific deadlines.
- Manage approval stages inclusive of Multiple Prototypes, Golden Samples, Sales Sample, Pre-Production, Top of Production to Production.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally, requires a minimum of 5 years of comparable product development experience. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with adequate Excel skills. Familiarity with design software.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong leadership style with the ability to communicate cross-functionally.
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Fact based approach and willing to understand the detail of the business and its transactions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines. Flexibility to switch gears with little notice.
- Sound communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with operating management, with a strong service orientation. Capable of explaining issues and recommending solutions.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and action oriented.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
Internal: Design, Merchandising, Product, Sales, and Executive Management
External: Suppliers and 2Ride Holding Group
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills to determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. And:
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. – less than 5% daily
- Ability to sit at a desk and use and view a computer – 90% daily
- Ability to hear and speak into a phone – 40% daily
- Ability to stand bend, stoop and twist – 20% daily
- Ability to travel internationally – 20% annually
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are: Fast-paced, with multiple demands environment.
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
REQUIRED PRE-HIRE SCREENINGS:
- Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
- National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
- Social Security Verification
- Employment Verification