Troy Lee Designs, the world’s leading aspirational brand of bicycle and motocross helmets and apparel, is looking for a Graphic/Print Textile Designer. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of graphic design, textile print repeats, and sportswear/SMU tech packs. The Graphic/Print Textile Designer will design product according to each brief while maintaining the development and quality of assigned apparel products by serving as the liaison between Product Line Management, Technical Staff, and Suppliers. Key skills required to be successful in this position include: the ability to design new graphics for each inline program to then create, maintain, and disseminate technical information, and produce the necessary documentation to meet deadlines and achieve quality manufacturing.
Duties & Responsibilities (Include But Are Not Limited To):
- Partner with Design and Marketing to fully understand complete design intent/briefs and interpret design comments to translate this understanding into comprehensive specs within technical documentation.
- Will oversee seasonal graphic package, print textile & repeats, trim, and seasonal sportswear package (tee’s/fleece /headwear).
- Assist with creation and tech of SMU team tech apparel.
- Ability to create concepts, with complete visual inspiration, directives for color stories, style details, and forum of discussions.
- Manage comprehensive product development milestones to insure on-time delivery of quality product that is ready to go-to-market.
- Communicate well with other departments to produce results effectively and efficiently in short, expedited time periods.
- Monitor fabric and trim development, tracking responsibilities, and approval process (in conjunction with design) to achieve product and calendar requirements.
- Manage print and color development from creation to final approval.
- Continually make sure that tech packages are complete and free from errors. Deliver tech packages to vendors precisely within development calendar time frame.
- Responsible for ensuring each product is 100% approved and production ready at specific deadlines.
- Assist with maintaining fabric and trim libraries.
- Minimum 3 years of design related experience.
- Strong graphic design & color sense.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Able to accurately generate technical documentation.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to meet objectives within set timelines.
- In depth knowledge of product construction, manufacturing, product specification, and packaging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of apparel product development procedures and industry standards.
- Must be skilled on a Mac platform with Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams.
- Attention to detail, well organized, and calendar driven.
- Excellent time management skills are necessary with superb organization.
- Understanding of fit, pattern making, and grading is also a plus.
- Previous work experience in action sports apparel market is a plus.
What Troy Lee Designs Offers You:
- Full-time position
- Employee discounts
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- An amazing place to work!
Troy Lee Designs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.