Troy Lee Designs, the world’s leading aspirational brand of Bicycle and Motocross helmets and apparel, is looking for a Custom Painter/ Airbrush Artist to join our team. The Custom Painter/ Airbrush Artist will be responsible for creating quality custom painting, graphics, and airbrush designs for the TLD Paint Department. In this role, you will also be responsible for working with stencils, masks, and creating freehand designs to produce product, as portrayed in production drawings and illustrations. We are looking for someone with an attention to detail, who can bring drawings and renderings to life. The role will require creating quality work in a timely fashion, in order to deliver the best products to TLD customers. Teamwork is a necessity in working collaboratively with other TLD artists, paint team, designers, project managers, and coworkers. Candidates must have previous experience with prepping and repairing surfaces, applying paint and top coat, and upholding paint equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities (Include But Are Not Limited To):
- Mix and apply paint to ensure proper paint coverage.
- Accurately reproduce the design/illustration per detailed drawings.
- Use, maintain, and clean airbrushes, air guns, pressure pots, and other TLD equipment as required.
- Prep and repair any differences in surface, including filling and sanding imperfections.
- Maintain accurate records of labor time and materials used.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area while observing and implementing proper safety practices.
- Assist in performing other paint and coating related maintenance duties as assigned.
- Follow the daily and weekly schedule while prioritizing projects in order to meet customer shipping deadlines.
- Work with other departments to communicate questions and concerns surrounding quality, timeline and/or other work related issues.
- Ability to create rough sketches.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use and/or operate basic hand tools (manual and power-driven).
- General mechanical aptitude.
- Ability and willingness to follow direction and be a team player.
- Ability to work independently as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Sitting/standing (8) hours per day using full range of physical motions associated with general labor work throughout the work day.
- Manual lifting and maneuvering up to 40 pounds.
- May be exposed to loud noises and various materials.
What We Offer You:
- Full-time position
- Employee discounts
- Great work/life balance
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- Be part of an amazing team!