Troy Lee Designs, the world’s leading aspirational brand of bicycle and motocross helmets and apparel, is looking for an Apparel Product Developer. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of product development, multi-stage execution, and achieving calendar milestones. The Apparel Product Developer will maintain the development and quality of assigned apparel products by serving as the liaison between the Design Department, Product Line Management, Technical staff, and Suppliers. Key skills required to be successful in this position include: the ability to create, maintain, and disseminate technical information, and the necessary documentation to meet deadlines and achieve quality manufacturing.
Duties & Responsibilities (Include But Are Not Limited To):
- Manage comprehensive product development milestones to insure on-time delivery of quality product that is ready to go-to-market.
- Monitor and maintain the development communication with vendors each day, style by style.
- Partner with Design to fully understand complete design intent/briefs and interpret design comments in order to translate this understanding into comprehensive specs within technical documentation.
- Monitor fabric and trim development, tracking responsibilities, and approval process (in conjunction with design) to achieve product and calendar requirements.
- Manage print and color development from creation to final approval. Track strike-offs, lab dips and all related approval needs.
- Continually make sure that tech packages are complete and free from errors. Deliver tech packages to vendors precisely within development calendar time frame.
- Manage and monitor communication with vendor s regarding each applicable product style throughout the development cycle.
- Manage tracking, comments, and calendar related to all product phases (Protos, SMS, PPS, TOP).
- Address styling & fit comments during development (in conjunction with Designers).
- Ensure all raw materials are compliant and meet necessary requirements.
- Point of contact for PLM teams specific to sample and buy ready product status.
- Partner with Design and PLM in achieving target costing and margin requirements.
- Assist in costing negotiations with PLM to ensure targets are met along with product objectives.
- Create and maintain development tracker and ensure all calendar requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring each product is 100% approved and production ready at specific deadlines.
- Assist with maintaining fabric and trim libraries.
- Be able to travel internationally for key development milestones and building of vendor partnerships.
- College Degree in Apparel Design or related course of study.
- Minimum 5 years of product development related experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Able to accurately generate technical documentation.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to meet objectives within set timelines.
- Depth in knowledge of product construction, manufacturing, product specification and packaging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of apparel product development procedures and industry standards, manufacturing, sewing assembly, materials, and construction techniques.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams.
- Attention to detail, well organized, and calendar driven.
- Excellent time management skills are necessary with superb organization.
- Understanding of fit, pattern making, and grading is also necessary.
- Previous work experience in action sports apparel market a plus.
What Troy Lee Designs Offers You:
- Full-time position
- Employee discounts
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- An amazing place to work!
Troy Lee Designs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.