The Tour Manager / Driver is responsible for transportation and set-up of event assets and acting as a brand representative at consumer facing events for Triumph Motorcycles in the United States and Canada. The ultimate goal of this position is to help provide riders with brand experiences consistent with Triumph’s positioning by consistently ensuring safe and timely delivery and set-up of marketing event assets and being a positive brand representative when interacting with consumers.
- Drive Triumph trucks (full sized semi-truck and trailer and Cascadia) when and where needed for various Triumph events including from event to event across the United States and Canada.
- Oversee general maintenance of full fleet of Triumph owned vehicles ensuring regular service, preventative maintenance and any needed repairs are completed.
- Oversee display set-up and break-down at variety of events, to include unloading assembly, disassembly and re-loading of display assets and motorcycles, with an emphasis on care, so assets are maintained in show ready condition, and organization, so assets are easily found when needed.
- During consumer facing events, act as a positive and knowledgeable brand representative, able to provide event attendees with a positive brand experience.
- Support Experiential Marketing Specialist on development of schedules and routing, ensuring Triumph stays within DOT guidelines.
- Direct event staff (to include Triumph staff, dealer staff and temp staff) in set-up and break-down activities.
- As required, lead on-site event staff in executing their roles as designated by the respective event guide.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge: what do they need to know (or learn quickly) to be successful?General Motorcycle Industry Knowledge
- Complete knowledge of the service and maintenance requirements of commercial diesel vehicles
- Skills: what skills does a person need to do this job? Computer skills? Accounting basics, etcMust hold valid Commercial Driver License – Class A
- Superior driving / maneuvering capability of full-sized semi-truck and trailer
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement is preferred
- Must hold a valid passport
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
- Safe motorcycle handling in non-riding scenarios
- Good eye for visual layout of event space
- Abilities: do they need to be able to diagnose problems? Ability to work with the public?Resourcefulness and ability to solve problems independently
- Develop and nurture strong relationships
- Internal: This role works closely with the full marketing department
- This role also has regular interaction with various departments, field staff and dealers
- External: This role will need to maintain relationships with various mechanics, event organizers, and event temp staff
- This position has the authority to negotiate contracts related to fleet maintenance and repairs (assuming final approval by Marketing Director, GM, and CFO)
- This position has spending authority on fleet maintenance and repairs (assuming final approval by Marketing Director, GM, and CFO)
- This position is required to work very independently. However, this position must understand when circumstances require an executive approval be needed on any particular task.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Triumph Academy
- Immediate training on the job includes a Brand Induction (UK created) to understand the history and vision of the company from a branding perspective
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB Describe physical activities required during normal job – only if done at least once per week – use checklist if needed; General working conditions of this job? Outside in the weather? In an office, sitting, standing, lifting (specify maximum lbs.), bending at the knee, etc.
- As much as 3 consecutive months on the road
- 10% office work at a desk or at a conference table, primarily to attend marketing meetings or for planning of event related activity
- 90% travel, including holidays and weekends, and including internationally for consumer or corporate events
Must be fully vaccinated prior to date of hire
About Triumph Motorcycles America
At Triumph we’re driven to create distinctive, cool, authentic and premium motorcycles through bold design, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the ride. We strive to create an experience that completely involves the rider and brings out their best, because their passion is our passion. Triumph is the Premium British Lifestyle Motorcycle Brand.