PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for all owned and paid consumer communications for Triumph Motorcycles in the United States and Canada. This position implements global strategies domestically, creates regional strategies, and oversees all activities related to owned and paid media. The ultimate goal of this position is to gain affinity and awareness of potential Triumph consumers by sharing engaging content where it’s most likely to be seen by the target audience, and use follow-up communications to drive consumers further down the funnel to secure retail sales.
- Oversee all activity on our regional websites ensuring the sites are always fully operational and regularly updated with all relevant brand communications
- Collaborate with Marketing Director to develop and implement both digital and traditional paid media strategy designed to reinforce our brand position, raise new model awareness, and stimulate consumer action in the form of web visits and lead generation
- Lead team of direct report employees to deliver excellent quality work, giving strategic direction and providing support as needed, including conducting annual reviews and coach to achieve professional development goals.
- Work with Marketing Director to plan annual paid media budget and actively manage approved budget
- Manage Direct Marketing Initiatives with an emphasis on consumer e-mail engagement and nurturing
- Manage Dealership Communications, to include writing and overseeing distribution of daily corporate updates
- Manage the regional E-Commerce platform and all E-Commerce strategies including overseeing site maintenance and product management, developing and implementing sales promotions, and investigating new and advanced E-Commerce strategies
- Manage regional Social Media channels, to include managing social media calendar, ensuring all global content is published to regional channels, as well as collaborating with Marketing Director and PR Manager to develop and publish market specific social media content.
- Manage CRM Strategy to include lead collection, Lead Management System, and lead nurturing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge: what do they need to know (or learn quickly) to be successful?General Motorcycle Industry Knowledge
Complete knowledge of the full spectrum of marketing communication avenues, from search marketing (SEO/SEM) to social channel marketing to traditional print/publication advertising
- Skills: what skills does a person need to do this job? Computer skills? Accounting basics, etcSuperior language and writing proficiency, including strong grammar and proofreading skills
Valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement is preferred
Holding a valid passport is preferred
Adobe Creative Suite
Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
Careful, established and fine-tuned eye for visuals and art direction
- Abilities: do they need to be able to diagnose problems? Ability to work with the public?Resourcefulness and ability to solve problems independently
Project management skills to coordinate a high volume of projects at any given moment
Develop and nurture strong relationships
This role works closely with the Central Marketing Team in the UK and full marketing department
This role also has regular interaction with various departments, field staff and dealers
Maintain relationships and regular communication with agency partners, specifically partners that implement our digital media strategies and assist in running our web platforms
Maintain relationships and regular communication with industry and non-industry media partners as we manage existing advertising strategies and explore new ones
- This position has the authority to sign off on paid media insertions, provide approvals to all other departments, field staff and dealers on questions related to the corporate Brand Guidelines
- This position has spending authority on budget lines relevant to the advertising and digital budgets (assuming final approval by Marketing Director, GM, and CFO)
- This position may hire and fire positions falling under the “digital” team
- This position is required to work very independently. However, this position must understand when circumstances require an executive approval be needed on any particular project
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- Triumph Academy
- Immediate training on the job includes a Brand Induction (UK created) to understand the history and vision of the company from a branding perspective
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB Describe physical activities required during normal job – only if done at least once per week – use checklist if needed; General working conditions of this job? Outside in the weather? In an office, sitting, standing, lifting (specify maximum lbs.), bending at the knee, etc.
- 90% office work at a desk or at a conference table / Other times filled with meetings
- 10% travel, including holidays and weekends, and including internationally / travel could be for global marketing conferences or supporting our regional events marketing strategies
- Must be fully vaccinated prior to start date
About Triumph Motorcycles America
At Triumph we’re driven to create distinctive, cool, authentic and premium motorcycles through bold design, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the ride. We strive to create an experience that completely involves the rider and brings out their best, because their passion is our passion. Triumph is the Premium British Lifestyle Motorcycle Brand.