MUST BE BASED IN PHOENIX OR OPEN TO RELOCATION. We are open to providing relocation assistance.
We are looking for a Product Development Manager to join our growing team. The successful candidate will manage all changes to new and existing products from the strategic to tactical; including supporting cross-functional leadership by being the liaison between departments — most notably between engineering, marketing, sales, and support teams. This is a FT role reporting to the Engineering Leader.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
● Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
● Partners with our engineering consulting firm to obtain annual EPA certifications.
● Obtains product market share by working with sales to develop product sales strategies.
● Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
● Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
● Develop and manage launch plans to integrate new products and design changes.
● Manage projects utilizing cross functional teams to implement and hold critical timelines.
● Ability to clearly communicate project needs, status, and completion dates to stakeholders.
● The “go-to” resource for product questions including internal/external consulting on product/process/advise/best practices.
● Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues.
● Researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities. Works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy.
● Manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management.
● Ensures that project milestones/goals are met by managing timeline and budget.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field and 3+ years in product development, supply chain, automotive operations or related experience.
● Strong cross-functional communication skills.
● Expertise in Vehicle Service Contracts, Warranty and Ancillary Products for the automotive industry.
● Experience and knowledge of the Powersports or Automotive industry.
● Demonstrated record of success in Product Development and Product Management Skills and Abilities including: Strong analysis and decision-making , Excellent oral and written communication, Well organized, Self-directed and Detail-oriented
● Practical working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools, such as: pull systems, process mapping, and Kanban systems.
● Demonstrates urgency and takes responsibility to address roadblocks that are critical to achieving manufacturing goals.
WHAT WE OFFER:
● Competitive salary and bonus.
● Comprehensive Benefits of course, including health, vision, dental, and more….
● A family environment with an awesomely fun product!
● Paid Holidays, 8 of them every year!
● Flexible PTO and Sick Time.
● Recognition and Rewards for a job well done.
● Casual Dress where jeans are welcome.
● The opportunity to make a big impact in a growth powered startup environment.
● A fun and focused atmosphere where we own it together.
● Once performance is proven, this role is on track to move into a Team Lead or Managerial position.
We are TOMCAR… the manufacturer of premium Off-Road Utility Vehicles with military DNA. From mining companies, movie makers, recreational enthusiasts, and back to the special operations groups it was designed to serve, TOMCAR has been tested in the most extreme conditions by the most demanding and particular clients and has become a premium vehicle built for life.
It all began with a top-secret mission in 1967. A specialized unit of airborne commandos parachuted behind enemy lines on a highly dangerous assignment. All six airdropped jeeps were destroyed upon landing leaving the unit stranded. Miraculously, the unit’s commander was able to construct two working vehicles from the wreckage, allowing the commandos to complete their mission successfully.
Twenty-five years later, the same commander used that experience and his resourceful thinking to create the first TOMCAR. This dependable, highly functional, all-terrain vehicle was exceptionally durable from its conception and has always been the strongest in its class.
We are grateful and proud of the company we’ve built over these last 15 years. We succeed together as a team through transparency and results. If you want to be part of something fun that allows you to create and contribute with maximum impact, we want to invite you to share your unique knowledge and gifts with our community. We look forward to hearing from you!