Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy Manager Position Overview
Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy Managers are the backbone of the Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy New Rider Course. It is important that we recruit individuals who combine a strong work ethic with strong interpersonal skills. The importance of the Riding Academy Manager cannot be overstated. This individual will set up and manage the Riding Academy and ensure it is integrated into the dealership. If you’re passionate about people, customer service and the Harley-Davidson® brand this may be the career for you!
Manage and coordinate the motorcycle safety training course (Riding Academy) by recruiting new students, scheduling courses, processing payments and overall Riding Academy Course management. Assist with dealership events and promotions to increase Riding Academy awareness and enrollment.
RESPONSIBILITES FOR THE RIDING ACADEMY MANAGER
· Work with Dealership Management to set goals and objectives for the program.
· Launch, manage, and grow the Riding Academy business at the dealership.
· Coach staff on how to handle inquiries and reinforce marketing message points.
· Assist staff in helping dealership to promote the New Rider Course and successfully participate in each new rider’s journey to becoming a life-long customer.
· Establish measurements of success for the New Rider Course business.
· Involve staff in measuring results of students in the dealership.
· Share program results with dealership staff and collaboratively identify opportunities to improve.
· Coordinate marketing plan.
· Serve as primary contact for Riding Academy customers and issues.
· Purchase and coordinate the maintenance/repair of the Riding Academy training fleet.
· Encourage and manage the interaction between dealership staff and students.
RESPONSIBILITES FOR THE RIDING ACADEMY NEW RIDER COURSE
· Identify and recruit Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy Coach candidates.
· Schedule and send Coach to all required training.
· Acquire the necessary equipment and supplies.
· Schedule classes, Coaches, range and classroom.
· Handle all operational aspects of the Riding Academy New Rider Course.
· Track and report program results
· Uphold all governing regulations.
HARLEY-DAVIDSON™ RIDING ACADEMY MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
Creativity and Initiative: The success of the program will depend upon the dealership’s ability to experiment with new ideas and learn from the results. The Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy Manager must encourage intellectual curiosity, experimentation and seek out new opportunities and ideas.
Decision Making: This individual must be able to assess a situation and make good and consistent decisions that maintain or enhance the integrity of the dealership and the brand.
Communication Skills: As the primary point of contact, the Riding Academy Manager should enjoy interacting with others and should be able to put potential students at ease. The Riding Academy Manager must be clear in communicating the correct information to engage the student, and must be able to effectively convince prospects to sign up for the course. In addition, this person will train and coach other members of the dealership staff in these same skill sets.
Organizational Skills: A Riding Academy Manager needs to be able to handle a wide range of tasks simultaneously as they plan and implement strategies to put the motorcycle fleet, the range, facilities, Instructors, and systems in place, both for initial launch and for long-term success. Organization is key to ongoing success with marketing, class scheduling, Coach relations, and dealership engagement.
Computer Skills: The Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy Student Management System is accessed through h-dnet.com . The Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy Manager must be comfortable working with a computer and navigating the Internet. The system itself is fairly intuitive and should not be difficult for most individuals with a moderate level of experience.
CHARACTARISTICS OF AN EFFECTIVE PROGRAM MANAGER
Behaviors: The following adjectives describe behavioral characteristics that align well to the Riding Academy Manager role. These characteristics should be considered when selecting the Riding Academy Manager for a dealership:
· Ability to multitask
· Learns from results
· Listens well
· Takes initiative
· Values relationship building
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient Microsoft Office. (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
· Weekend availability.
· Some Vehicle Sales