Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the
allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Key Results Areas:
• Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
• Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible with the
focus of continually improving this “efficiency” skill.
• Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
• Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
• Maintain clean efficient facilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accept work assignments from Service Advisor.
• Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
• Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
• Notify Service Advisor of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as
they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
• Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner than when it was dropped off.
• After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
• Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
• Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communicating with
customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain technical qualification by completing any necessary training programs
assigned to you by the Service Manager.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: – None
• Completion of a factory authorized formal training program such as MMI Service School or
equivalent work experience.
• Current Motorcycle license.
• Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our
products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools upon date of hire. See list of
• The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
• Requires the use of both hands.
• Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 40 lb. of material.
• Frequently requires the ability to balance and push an 700+ lb. motorcycle.
• Must possess ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
• Must have ability to meet regular required attendance and tardiness policies.
• Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic
materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
• Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
• Tampa Bay Powersports is an “Employee At Will” company.