TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST APPLY VIA SUZUKI WEBSITE – APPLY HERE
Under direction of the National Sales Manager, incumbent is responsible for the overall retail sales, wholesales sales, accessory sales, ancillary product sales, management of Area and dealer inventory, coordination of dealer advertising, sales promotions and merchandising efforts within their Area, as well as development of the dealer network. Must operate within established budget guidelines.
Attain assigned monthly, quarterly and fiscal year retail sales goals by helping dealers within the Area with advertising, promotional activities and merchandising to retail Suzuki Motorcycles and ATVs in conjunction with Suzuki programs. Maintain market share higher than or equal to national and regional average.
Attain assigned monthly, quarterly and fiscal year wholesale goals. Special assignments are provided as additional wholesale goals. Utilize Suzuki programs and follow direction of the National Sales Team to attain wholesale goals.
Area dealer development goals of establishing quality new dealers, quality priority ownership changes plus cancelling and replacing poor performing dealers. Prepare a monthly plan to maintain and upgrade existing dealer network.
Manage Area dealer inventory responsibly to ensure quick product turn. Maintain inventory turn rate equal or better than national and regional average. Limit amount of non-current inventory. Ensure that non-current inventory is transferred between dealers and sold when possible.
Make effective dealer visits using the provided Dealer Contact Reports. Communicate weekly all field activities and plans of the Area dealers to the National Sales Team. Prepare/document information concerning Area dealers as to their progress or lack of progress in connection with their performance.
Build relationships with dealership staff. Review Suzuki Retail Finance, Accessory, Advertising and Program bulletins to be sure dealers are updated and informed on the current Suzuki programs.
Promote the sales of ancillary sales support products such as Suzuki Extended Protection, etc. with each dealer visit/communication.
Prepare and implement group promotions and advertising activities with the Area dealer network. Encourage advertising participation and ensure Co-op funds are being utilized by dealer network.
Provide merchandising and display advice to maintain a strong Suzuki product presence and image. Install any Suzuki décor material or program materials as provided in conjunction with current promotions.
Achieve commitments for facility upgrades; display layouts and Suzuki identification to improve or provide a recommended Suzuki presence and image. Enthusiastically participate in Suzuki or Suzuki dealer-sponsored open houses, consumer shows, demo events, product displays and meetings.
Learn and maintain a high level of Suzuki product knowledge. Prepare and implement product knowledge training to all Area dealership personnel annually. Train all Area dealers’ personnel on Suzuki policies and procedures.
Communicate all competitive sales activities to the National Sales Manager both in written and verbal communications, as needed.
Communicate all Area activities to the Sales Management team weekly, including recommendations and suggestions for improving the Suzuki effort.
Prepare and submit all reports as per company policy in a timely fashion as directed by management. Operate company-provided equipment professionally, as well as keeping all equipment in excellent condition.
- Minimum three years outside sales experience with emphasis in retail sales in a motorcycle or related industry.
- Background in retail finance and dealer support/development a definite plus.
- Extensive overnight travel required.
- Excellent selling and organizational skills required, along with effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to ride Motorcycle and ATV product required. Must have a valid state certified motorcycle endorsement on driver’s license.
- Must possess mobility to move wheeled motorcycle and ATV product, work in a standard or home office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. Must be able to travel extensively throughout assigned sales territory, and to attend meetings away from the employee’s home city. Should have strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Business casual attire such as “Dockers” style slacks with a polo or button-down shirt required for all Area dealer visits, consumer events, office visits or any time meeting the public while representing the company.
- 3 years: Minimum three years outside sales experience with emphasis in retail sales in a motorcycle or related industry.
Licenses & Certifications
- MC Dr License
About Suzuki Motor USA, LLC
About Suzuki Motor USA, LLC
Suzuki products have been distributed in the United States since the 1960's. Headquartered in Brea, CA, Suzuki Motor USA, LLC. has nearly 130 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. servicing our motorcycle networks. Suzuki Manufacturing of America, Inc. operates in Georgia with over 100 team members assembling Suzuki ATVs. Suzuki Marine USA, LLC operating in Tampa, FL, has about 100 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. marine dealer and boat builder networks. While Suzuki stopped selling autos in the US market in 2012, Suzuki Motor Corporation remains a leading manufacturer and distributor of automobiles globally. Although part of a larger organization, we offer a small company feel and work life balance. As new staff join the company and we prepare for future successors, we are proud that over half of our staff at Suzuki Motor USA, LLC has been together ten years or more.