Salary Range: $140K to $150K / Annual
Lead the MC/Scooter/ATV Dealer Development Department to meet and exceed corporate strategic plans and sales objectives for retail growth, increasing market share, and dealer financial health. Develop and maintain the dealer network to present a strong Suzuki brand image to retail customers.
Collaborate with Executive leadership, National Sales leadership, Area Sales Managers, and Technical Service & Parts Managers in the development and maintenance of a nationwide Suzuki dealer network. Duties include supporting ASMs, and TSPMs in the communications between Suzuki and authorized Motorcycle, Scooter, and ATV Dealers; Track performance and manage dealer contracts; Provide necessary administrative support; Developing strategic plans for obtaining new dealers; Implement programs to improve the effectiveness of dealer operations; Effectively utilize information & resources to upgrade the dealer network to obtain ideal geographical sales coverage and retail growth.
Development, implementation, and enhancement of the following: Dealer Contact Report, National and Area sales mapping and a Sales Force Automation (Suzuki Ideas) plan to include New Dealer Set-up’s, Major and Minor changes of ownership, location changes, etc.
Serve on strategic internal SMO committees and Industry committees as requested by Executive Management.
- Optimize our Dealer Network by identifying opportunity markets based on sales potential and competitive penetration. Focus on Top 100 Dealers and Key Market Strategy.
- Stratify dealers based on Urban, Sub-Urban, and Rural status and identify potential ATV-only dealers. Analyze, understand, interpret, and communicate current market trends, state and federal laws, and regulations applicable to the powersports and motorcycle industry and dealer distribution channels.
- Research and identify potential partners to retail key Suzuki products and lines.
- Through generation and analysis of reports, closely monitor our dealer roster and continually update tier ranking based on overall success (MC/ATV/Scooter sales, P&A Penetration, Service Business).
- Prepare and conduct New Dealer Orientation training. Administrate requirements, programs and policies, and evaluate all buy/sells, location changes, dealer organization changes, terminations etc. to ensure such activity aligns with SMO’s overall objectives.
- Work closely with Credit Department to monitor financial situation of dealers. Identify potential dealer credit risks and recommend mitigation steps to SMO Executive and Financial team.
- Along with Credit Department, closely manage Wells Fargo and Northpoint (wholesale finance partners). Monitor dealer payment records and history, and work with finance partners to ensure prompt, reliable payments.
- Work closely with Executive managements and Sales Department to ensure overall success, financial health, and best business practices of all dealers.
- Review, approve, or reject new dealer setups and change in status packages assuring compliance with state and local legal statutes (legal compliance). Resolve problems with dealers and assist Legal Department with legal matters in terms of preparing defense, attending and testifying at trials, hearings, and depositions regarding dealer network matters.
- Interact closely with related departments to ensure that the dealer network is effectively representing Suzuki throughout the organization. Maintain dealership signage and display materials to ensure optimum Suzuki brand recognition and presence at each dealership. Assist in planning and execution of Suzuki Event Marketing activities including open houses, dealer demo events, etc.
Scope of Authority
- Acts as SMO representative in dealer relations’ issues, industry committees and in termination/setup protest hearings and negotiations. Makes management decisions relating to normal/daily operations of the department. Interprets policies and may approve or recommend exception to policies under Executive approval.
- Frequent contact with various departments at all levels, including Executive Management. Frequent external contact with dealers, prospective dealers, cancelled dealers, industry peers and committees, and government agencies.
- Responsible for leading Dealer Development Department staff and close collaboration with Internal and external Sales and Service staff.
- Manage external vendors and partners.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in motor vehicle industry (motorcycle preferred) and 5 years at a supervisory or management level. Demonstrated experience and background in dealer relations with corporate activities a plus. High-level understanding in computer technologies. Reporting and analysis helpful.
- A four-year college degree with business emphasis preferred. Course work in marketing, finance, statistics or accounting required. Legal training and experience a definite plus. Seminars or training in human relations and negotiating skills helpful.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication and analytical skills. Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. A self-starter that is goal oriented and highly organized. Able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe PDF, DocuSign, standard office equipment, etc.
- Proficient in all current video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, etc.).
- General mobility to work with standard office equipment. Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent domestic travel to visit dealers to understand local and regional market situations and opportunities.
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration.
- 5 years: 5 years at a supervisory or management level.
- 5-10 years: Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in motor vehicle industry (motorcycle preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and background in dealer relations with corporate activities a plus.
About Suzuki Motor USA, LLC
About Suzuki Motor USA, LLC
Suzuki products have been distributed in the United States since the 1960's. Headquartered in Brea, CA, Suzuki Motor USA, LLC. has nearly 130 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. servicing our motorcycle networks. Suzuki Manufacturing of America, Inc. operates in Georgia with over 100 team members assembling Suzuki ATVs. Suzuki Marine USA, LLC operating in Tampa, FL, has about 100 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. marine dealer and boat builder networks. While Suzuki stopped selling autos in the US market in 2012, Suzuki Motor Corporation remains a leading manufacturer and distributor of automobiles globally. Although part of a larger organization, we offer a small company feel and work life balance. As new staff join the company and we prepare for future successors, we are proud that over half of our staff at Suzuki Motor USA, LLC has been together ten years or more.