TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST APPLY VIA SUZUKI CAREERS PAGE – HERE
The Accessory Product Planning Specialist will lead the product development and outside marketing of Suzuki Genuine Accessories and ECSTAR Oil & Chemicals. This includes the creation and management of new accessory product lines as well the presentation of these products through industry and dealer events.
- Develop annual and seasonal product updates to increase both dealer and retail sales.
- Focus on strategies that align with the overall Parts & Accessories department goals. Coordinate with internal departments, field sales staff and dealer network on key product needs.
- Work in conjunction with the Parts & Accessories Sales Specialist to assist in determining existing product life cycles and opportunities for expansion in the product lines. Primary focus on soft goods and collectibles along with select categories of bolt-on accessories.
- Conduct market research on related or complimentary products offered by other OEM and aftermarket suppliers. Work with field sales team and dealers to provide detailed feedback to management on market competitors along with product recommendations.
- Establish strong vendor relationships with all existing Suzuki suppliers while continuing to build new business contacts. Responsible for negotiating pricing, minimum order quantities and quality. Works alongside vendors to provide customer resolutions for any accessory discrepancies related to quality, fitment, shipping, packaging, etc.
- Plan product displays and participate in all events that will introduce and highlight Suzuki Genuine Accessories and ECSTAR Oil & Chemicals in conjunction with our MC Sales Department. This includes creating the displays, giveaways, print material and other related items that are necessary for a strong accessory presence inside the Suzuki event areas.
- Present the Suzuki Genuine Accessory and ECSTAR Oil & Chemicals line as the brand ambassador at industry events providing features and benefits as well demonstration of the product.
- Generate internal and external communications to the Suzuki dealer network and
Suzuki field staff regarding new accessories and related sales activity. This includes dealer bulletins, email communication, social media and presentations as needed.
- Willing to travel approximately 20% of the time to support industry events across the U.S. as well as conducting vendor site and dealer visits.
- Provide support to other department projects and staff as needed.
Scope of Authority
- With the support and general guidance of the Parts & Accessories Sales Manager, the Accessory Product Planning Specialist acts independently on the majority of daily procedural decisions, including work flow control, project management and coordination with internal staff.
- Interaction with external suppliers includes vendor sales reps, agencies, and outside companies at various levels. Willing and able to travel independently to support visits and events.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a related position in the motorcycle industry. A background in procurement of apparel/accessories in the motorcycle or related industry is ideal. Prior experience working directly with motorcycle accessory and apparel vendors is highly beneficial. May consider candidates with a strong background in a related action sports business role.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field
Must have working knowledge of the motorcycle and ATV industry with focus on the current accessory and apparel markets. Strong written and oral communications skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and react quickly in a rapidly changing environment. Proven time management skills along with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Experience working with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite programs is a plus.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
5 years: Work experience in a related position in the motorcycle industry.
About Suzuki Motor USA, LLC
About Suzuki Motor USA, LLC
Suzuki products have been distributed in the United States since the 1960's. Headquartered in Brea, CA, Suzuki Motor USA, LLC. has nearly 130 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. servicing our motorcycle networks. Suzuki Manufacturing of America, Inc. operates in Georgia with over 100 team members assembling Suzuki ATVs. Suzuki Marine USA, LLC operating in Tampa, FL, has about 100 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. marine dealer and boat builder networks. While Suzuki stopped selling autos in the US market in 2012, Suzuki Motor Corporation remains a leading manufacturer and distributor of automobiles globally. Although part of a larger organization, we offer a small company feel and work life balance. As new staff join the company and we prepare for future successors, we are proud that over half of our staff at Suzuki Motor USA, LLC has been together ten years or more.