The Certification Engineer coordinates marine engine and motorcycle/ATV certification and related activities. Prepares and submits product information to various federal, state, and private agencies. Provides technical information. Assists with compliance with federal safety reporting requirements. Reports on pending and new regulations relating to emissions certification and environmental issues.
- Coordinates the certification of outboard marine engines, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and related products with federal and state agencies.
- Reviews and submits certification data, prepares and submits associated reports, disseminates certification information, and maintains databases
- Assists with various federal vehicle safety reporting requirements.
- Prepares and submits VIN decoding, model master, and product pricing information to various federal, state, and private agencies.
- Provides technical information for model master and vehicle master creation and maintenance.
- Obtains qualification approval for spark arresters used on off-road motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle products.
- Reviews and submits product information and test data, disseminates qualification information, and maintains database and records.
- Prepares General Conformity Certificates and maintains database and records.
- 5 years experience in vehicle/engine certification
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Windows and Office software
- Experience with federal vehicle safety standards
- Automotive and motorcycle maintenance and repair skills
- Experience with federal or state government relations
- An engineering or technical background
Apply via the MIJ link button or by going to http://suzuki.com/careerspage/
About Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.
Suzuki products have been distributed in the United States since the 1960's. Headquartered in Brea, CA, Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has nearly 350 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. servicing our motorcycle and marine dealer and boat builder networks. Suzuki Manufacturing of America, Inc. operates in Georgia with over 100 team members assembling Suzuki ATVs. While Suzuki stopped selling autos in the US market in 2012, Suzuki Motor Corporation remains a leading manufacturer and distributor of automobiles globally. Although part of a larger organization, we offer a small company feel and work life balance. As new staff join the company and we prepare for future successors, we are proud that over half of our staff at Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has been together ten years or more.