Please apply: http://suzuki.com/careerspage
Manage the production, inventory and distribution of advertising and marketing materials for the motorcycle and ATV business in the United States and serve as the Motorcycle & ATV Division representative on several strategic industry committees. Manage the planning, development and implementation of communication plans and programs that help accomplish business and marketing objectives. Ensure that all communication touch points (Advertising, Press Relations, Event Marketing and Amateur Racing) align with brand strategies and all messaging is appropriate and consistent across mediums and portfolios. Lead the planning of Suzuki’s Event Marketing direction to assure that consumers have a positive, educational and personal experience with Suzuki products.
Manage Suzuki’s communication agencies to successfully place and promote relevant Suzuki messaging before the buying public, Suzuki dealerships and employees. Manage agency relationships to produce successful advertising messaging in a time-sensitive and competitive environment, including print, TV, internet, social and other Medias with both national, regional and local impact. Oversee the execution of Suzuki’s brand and promotional messaging within the dealerships including Dealer Bulletins, POP materials, Co-Op budgets and adverting executions. Supervise the creation of annual brochures for all segments of Motorcycles, as well as Scooters and ATVs, to support sales efforts and attract customers directly to Suzuki-authorized retailers. Accountable for the strategic direction of the Motorcycle and ATV Internet sites. Forecast and manage a large communication’s budget and provide analysis and tracking on a regular basis.
Provide leadership and supervision to the department’s communications and amateur racing personnel. Responsible for managing department staffing including: hiring, managing work assignments, developing and motivating personnel and resolving issues.
· minimum five years’ experience in the marketing and advertising field, with increasing management or supervisory experience.
· minimum five years’ in the motorcycle/ATV industry, with appropriate knowledge of motorcycles and ATVs as well as the motorcycle/ATV industry structure
· demonstrated ability to manage major departmental budget
· excellent communication skills; self-starter and goal oriented
· excellent creative competence and writing skills
· strong organizational skills that include budgeting, staff management, and long-range planning
· must have flexibility to work in continually changing environment, and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· high level of computer proficiency skills to include Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and others
· must be able to travel extensively, both nationally and internationally, and to frequent off-site meetings
· ability to ride motorcycles and ATVs for extended periods is preferred
About Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.
Suzuki products have been distributed in the United States since the 1960's. Headquartered in Brea, CA, Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has nearly 350 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. servicing our motorcycle and marine dealer and boat builder networks. Suzuki Manufacturing of America, Inc. operates in Georgia with over 100 team members assembling Suzuki ATVs. While Suzuki stopped selling autos in the US market in 2012, Suzuki Motor Corporation remains a leading manufacturer and distributor of automobiles globally. Although part of a larger organization, we offer a small company feel and work life balance. As new staff join the company and we prepare for future successors, we are proud that over half of our staff at Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has been together ten years or more.