The Aftermarket Motorcycle Customer Service Specialist is responsible for coordinating activities of the warehouse team to ensure on-time and accurate shipping of customer orders. This position will also be the sales support contact for non-distributor customer information requests, technical product questions and order processing.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Review shipping and receiving schedule to prioritize day to day activities for the warehouse team to ensure accurate and on time delivery.
- Take the lead in identifying and executing process improvement opportunities.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor status of assigned projects within approved budgets, and evaluate and report progress to key stakeholders.
- Supervise, train, and develop warehouse team members.
- Build a high performing team by creating a positive and organized working environment and provides input for the annual performance reviews for warehouse team members.
- Complete other duties as required to operate a successful, organized operation.
Technical Customer Service and Order Management
- Provide technical sale support for race team, online and small (non-distributor) customers, including,
- Identifying product needs based on technical requirements;
- Following up with customer requests and ensuring timely and professional communications;
- Accurately entering customer orders into order system and processing credit card payments.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Establish product locations to improve pick flow, quality, and inventory accuracy; and maintain product location in the inventory system.
- Partner with Accounting and Purchasing to set up new product locations in warehouse and inventory system.
- Receive product, verify incoming receipts for accurate system entry and put away in established locations.
- Ensures order and inventory accuracy by comparing identifying information including counts, weighs, or measures incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Keep the warehouse organized, well stocked and free from any safety or security hazards.
- Pick orders utilizing RF scanner, packs and prepares orders for shipment.
- Weighs or counts parts and assembles kit and small orders.
- Stage completed orders for shipping.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma required. Associate degree preferred. Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment with 1 to 2 years’ experience as a team or project leader. Equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional or personal experience within the motorcycle industry. Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with little supervision. Ability to learn technical product specifications. Demonstrated ability to lead a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships. Customer focused with ability to clearly understand and communicate technical requirements to customers via phone and email. Ability to adapt to changing situations and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Flexibility to support multiple duties of overall warehouse responsibilities. Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding customer order assembly, shipping and inventory management. Ability to concentrate and remain alert while working on highly repetitive tasks.
Solid communication (written and verbal), math, and reasoning skills. Display strong interpersonal skills and a positive and professional attitude.
Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment. Possess superior organizational skills, maintain high attention to detail and a commitment to quality. Proficient with Microsoft software products. Cycle count/physical inventory, auditing experience preferred.
The position requires an individual to stand for extended periods of time, frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, and frequently push/pull carts up to 1,200 pounds. Safety requirements for this position are steel-toed work boots.
Must comply with all Federal, State, and Local, safety and environmental regulations, along with the Company’s quality, safety, and environmental policies.
Sunstar is an EEO employer.