Responsible for managing sell-in and sell-out of Dunlop Motorcycle tires within assigned region. Primarily works with dealer base within region to improve Dunlop brand awareness, increase product knowledge amongst dealer personnel, to grow the Dunlop Pro Dealer network, and to ultimately increase Dunlop’s share of market within their assigned region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Department/Team Management
- Sell-Out Activities
- Event Activation
- Sell-in Activities
- Product Training
- Dealer Interaction
- Consultative Salesmanship
- Department/Team Management: Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orientation and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing and annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Performance management, coaching, supervision, results Driven, managing department budget, foster teamwork, giving candid feedback.
- Works with dealer base within assigned Region to grow Dunlop purchases and sales to end users.
- Acts as a consultant for dealers to help grow Dunlop tire sales. Consults with dealer as it relates to their stocking solution, counter sales methods, and in-store merchandising efforts.
- Works events/rallies/races as scheduled. Interacts with consumer to help grow brand awareness, improve product knowledge, and influence their purchase towards Dunlop tires. Collects customer data and conducts parking lot surveys.
- Collaborates with Pro Dealer Marketing Manager to identify dealers within assigned region where local marketing efforts can be synergized with Dunlop promotions to maximize reach and frequency of Dunlop marketing efforts.
- Conducts training sessions via classroom style trainings, in-store group trainings, or one-on-one trainings.
- Periodically works with distributor reps within region to help grow Dunlop sell-in results.
- Responsible for any other additional duties as assigned by Management.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Ten (10) years of Sales experience. Preferably in the motorcycle industry, with a minimum of three (3) years of management experience preferred.
ACADEMIC/TRAINING: A Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Marketing.
SKILLS: Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Must be detail oriented, self motivated and able to travel up to 65% of the time, both domestically and internationally, and possess a current passport.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to stand, sit, move, and use fingers for extended periods of time. May require walking primarily on a level surface, reaching above shoulder heights and below the waist, as well as lifting up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment consists of frequent and routine travel involving planes, cars, outdoor motorsport venues, entertainment facilities, restaurants, sports environments and office environment.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described herein represent the environment and physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
About Sumitomo Rubber USA, LLC
Sumitomo Rubber North America, comprising both Falken Tires and Dunlop Motorcycle Tires, is a subsidiary of Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. Falken Tires Founded in Japan in 1983 and introduced to the North American market in 1985, Falken has developed a strong international presence within the automotive industry, earning a reputation as a leader in high performance tire technology. By building valuable partnerships with automobile manufacturers as their choice for original equipment tires, Falken demonstrates its continuous development in technology and innovation. Currently, Falken manufactures and markets 14 car and light-truck tire models under seven lines – from Ultra High Performance to All-Season to Original Equipment on select manufacturers’ vehicles – serving nine distinct categories and more than 300 sizes. Falken also makes and sells a full line-up of medium truck (TBR) tires for commercial use. The brand is headquartered in Rancho Cucamonga, California, and has six distribution centers located in California, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, Tennessee and Texas. Dunlop Motorcycle Tires Motorcyclists around the world over recognize the name Dunlop — and for good reason. With extensive global resources and a commitment to racing disciplines worldwide, Dunlop draws on a vast body of knowledge and to develop innovative motorcycle tire technology. Much of this technology quickly makes its way to Dunlop’s customers, whether they ride on the track, street or a weekend off-road adventure. Headquartered in Tonawanda, New York, Dunlop maintains extensive development and manufacturing capabilities in the U.S. focused on developing groundbreaking new products for its customers. For decades, Dunlop has been involved with motorcycle racing at the highest levels, both nationally and internationally. From MotoGP to U.S. national AMA Supercross, Motocross, road racing and off-road competition, Dunlop has earned an unparalleled championship record.