STACYC, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson Motor-Company is a fun, upbeat kids’ brand that is passionate about “Sharing the Love of Riding”. STACYC is focused on New Rider Creation within the Powersports, Motorcycle, and Bicycle channels. As a young, growing company STACYC is “first to market”, creating a new category within the motorsport and bicycle industries.
Industrial Designer Engineer:
We are a successful startup company that is looking for a self-starting Industrial Designer Engineer. This designer will be responsible for the overall ownership of engineering relating to design function of the product, acting as the architect that is able to take a concept and turn it into reality. The Industrial Designer will be responsible for design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement.
· Working directly with the CEO and the Director of Product, this position will be responsible for developing product concept(s) in 3D.
· Must be able to solve complex problems such as technical issues and can provide solutions to probable using both creative processes and analytical methods.
· Ensure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines.
· Deliver optimal designs while adhering to project targets, performance objectives, high quality, and cost minimization.
· Solves engineering issues relating to quality, cost and timing expectations by analyzing possible solutions using technical experience and judgment
What does it take to work STACYC?
A unique and diverse experiences and background that will enable you to provide a differing perspective to fuel our global growth.
Must be able to work independently, requiring guidance on only the most complex situations.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a group and/or team.
Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
At STACYC, it is not just about the degree you have or what you know. You must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything you do:
· Be accountable
· Model Integrity
· Value Individuality and Diversity
· Inspire Teamwork
· Encourage Creativity
3+ years’ experience in mechanical design
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred; preferably in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
· In-depth knowledge of CAD Software
· Knowledge of the metal fabrication process, production process, costs, quality control, raw materials and other methods for maximizing the efficient manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Understand current cutting tool technology
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
· Ability to work independently with little direction.
Why work for StaCyc?
Competitive industry wages
Comprehensive health benefits coverage
Group 401K with company matching component
Generous paid time off
Career in an industry that is all about fun!
Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports – No
Visa Sponsorship – this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time