JOB SUMMARY: Build, maintain, repair race motorcycles to the highest professional level possible. Travel with the race team to support test and race events. Work with the existing team to make improvements to the race motorcycles.
- Provide tech support to co-workers and race customers as needed. This includes troubleshooting issues such as component failures, assembly tech, electrical issues.etc.
- Assemble and prepare race motorcycles for competition.
- Act as a crew member on race day performing all service and adjustments required to improve performance.
- Assist on engineering projects when required.
- Inspect all components as they arrive from the Manufacturing dept. for any defects. Any parts deemed unsatisfactory should be scrapped or re-worked to meet print requirements.
- Coordinate special race orders with manufacturing to ensure high quality and proper assembly.
- Maintain a clean, presentable work area.
- Maintain a positive attitude, good work ethic, and maintain relationships within and outside of S&S Cycle.
- Maintain an extreme attention to detail for all job tasks and physical race parts. Quality is held to a very high standard.
- Travel (including weekends) as necessary to attend races, build customer relationships and to do research to improve product line.
- 2 year technical degree preferred with an emphasis in test equipment, internal combustion engine technology, electronic engine control systems, machining/manufacturing,welding and powersports.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in related field, 4+ years experience is preferred.
- Experienced working as a racing technical services representative.
- Must have an extensive, thorough, and exceptional knowledge of high performance motorcycles technology including chassis, suspension, engine and calibration.
- Must be competent with manual machining processes such as milling, turning, & grinding. Must also be competent with fixturing to ensure successful parts.
- Must have competence with welding processes such as GTAW, SMAW, & GMAW
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to read and understand schematics and build prototypes
- High analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Able to relate to people at all levels of the organization in a positive fashion.
- Good driving record with a motorcycle endorsement.
● Standing for long periods of time
● Use of hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls
● Walk, stoop, crouch and bend
● Reach above shoulders
● Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance
● Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
● Must comply with safety equipment standards; safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed shoes, etc.
● Frequent out-of-state and overnight travel will be required
About S&S Cycle, Inc.
S&S Cycle builds best in class performance parts for the Powersports market. Since its founding in 1958 S&S has become the most respected name in high performance, with an American made product line that includes engine components, exhaust and fuel systems, engine upgrade kits, and complete engines.