Assists Emissions personnel with the testing of new products, vehicles and technologies related to exhaust and sound emissions following the regulatory procedures. Responsible for daily emissions lab operations and equipment maintenance. Will work with other Product Development personnel, customers, purchasing, and suppliers to meet project goals and perform tasks as required. The Emissions Set-Up Technician will remain well versed in the ever changing emission standards and regulations worldwide.
● Thoroughly understand and adhere to the department goals, objectives, and strategy
● Establish and maintain credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions
● Performs emissions testing for Product Development and compliance. This includes setting up vehicles for testing, performing emissions testing, recording the results and aiding in the analysis of the results.
● Performs lab equipment calibration and maintenance, including daily, weekly, monthly and annual calibration tasks.
● Responsible for removing and installing parts on the vehicles; this may include air cleaners, exhaust, camshafts, and other accessories.
● Ensure compliance with changing regulations and standards and anticipate product changes required to continue to sell our products to markets worldwide
● Confers with engineers to clarify or resolve problems, and make changes to complete test programs
● Inspect all components as they arrive from the Manufacturing department for any defects. Any parts deemed unsatisfactory should be documented
● Thoroughly records and organizes test reports in a clear and concise format
● Operate, research, install, maintain, and calibrate Product Development test equipment such as dynamometers, emissions benches, and data acquisition equipment
● Provide input to diagnosis of equipment issues
● Maintain a clean, organized and safe lab environment
● Operate and maintain S&S motorcycle or UTV fleet to ensure safe operations and accurate test results, this includes basic oil and filter changes and other maintenance.
● Experienced working in emissions, powersports, manufacturing or a related industry.
● Flexible, energetic, forward-thinking, and creative with high moral and ethical standards
● Must be able to follow company and industry regulations to ensure compliance
● High analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
● Well organized and self-directed
● Able to relate to people at all levels of the organization in a positive fashion
● Must have a good driving record and be able to complete the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Experienced Rider course
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; working knowledge of computer applications including spreadsheets and word processing
● Minimum of 2 years of related experience in emissions, motorcycle technician or powersports industry
PHYSICAL AND PPE REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is regularly required to:
● Standing for long periods of time
● Use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls
● Walk, stoop, crouch and bend
● Reach above shoulders
● Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance
● Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
● Must comply with safety equipment standards; safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed shoes
● Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected
About S&S Cycle, Inc.
S&S Cycle builds best in class performance parts for the Powersports market. Since its founding in 1958 S&S has become the most respected name in high performance, with an American made product line that includes engine components, exhaust and fuel systems, engine upgrade kits, and complete engines.