Job Description: Service Manager (Metric) – North Central Texas
Sherman Powersports is looking for a take-charge Service Manager to lead and develop our service department. Candidates must have proven leadership and ability to run a shop with a high level of quality output and customer satisfaction.
The Service Manager is responsible for achieving maximum profitability of the service department while focusing on quality service and customer retention. He/she must effectively lead and manage their team; have a strong knowledge of the service market, and possess and in-depth understanding of how the service department affects other departments’ numbers and processes.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to retail and internal needs.
- Oversee and manage Service Writer(s), Technicians, and Porters.
- Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross profit thru labor sales
- Maximize productivity and revenue levels of service technicians.
- Ensure service personnel are alert, well trained, and motivated.
- Manage workload to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Occasionally assist/mentor technicians when needed.
- Maintain procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts to Service Technicians during jobs.
- Efficiently operate Lightspeed Dealer Management System.
- Ensure employees keep a clean, efficient, and orderly department.
- Assist in marketing efforts to grow service volume.
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department.
- Promptly respond to the need of customer and internal service needs.
- Recruit and retain a service team of 6-10 people.
- Maintain service follow-up programs.
- Grow the volume of service work.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the Parts & Sales departments.
- Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM,
- Attend training sessions to keep current with service department issues.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Three years or more progressive experience as a Service Writer or Service Manager of a Metric Dealership.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with ALL Metric brands, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrate ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Lightspeed preferred.
- Current, valid motorcycle license.
- Ability to work Saturdays is required.
Competitive Salary/Commission based pay plan. Vacation and Holiday pay.
- Comprehensive Paid Training.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Insurance.
- Paid Vacation.
- 5 Day work week.
- Employee Discounts.
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Generous employee discounts
You must TRULY be a rainmaker. If so, and you are willing to work hard, and you are really good, the earning potential is upwards of $60k/yr. +.
Texas has no state income tax, and this area’s cost of living is relatively low.
All applicants will be keep strictly confidential. Join our growing team,
Sherman Powersports, Yamaha-Kawasaki-CF Moto, Suzuki.