|Intakes customer vehicles, diagnoses problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Key Result Areas
- Service Department Operations
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
||Service Department Operations
- Assist Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
- Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts before job starts.
- Perform cashier functions, as needed.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper storage of these items.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Avoid making commitments which can not (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Superior communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with point-of-sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
- Current, valid motorcycle license.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
- Occasionally requires the ability to lift ____ pounds of material.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a(n) ____ motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or airborne other particles.
Alert me to jobs like this