Reporting to the Senior Vice President – Compliance Manager shall have primary day-to-day responsibility for coordinating the investigation of potential product safety matters.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain familiarity with all product lines to be able to review claims and reports for safety concerns and for implementing corrective and preventive actions when compliance deficiencies or weakness are identified.
- Maintain all Compliance Program, Product Safety Committee records and required safety compliance records.
- Obtain product compliance approvals on a timely basis to support the product plan.
- Ensure the Product Safety Committee convenes on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Ensure appropriate departments within Segway Powersports are represented in the Product Safety Committee’s response to specific or potential product safety matters.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, external experts, and international industry groups to develop new industry voluntary standards and new internal Segway Powersports mandatory standards to optimize the safety, performance and consumer experience using our products.
- Participate in the post-sale surveillance and recall processes as related to Product Compliance.
- Receive reports of potential product safety matters from all sources, whether internal or external, to Segway Powersports.
- Provide training to employees on this Compliance Program to help ensure compliance with CPSC regulations.
- Receive confidential reports of compliance-related questions or concerns from employees.
- Experience in automobile industry will be a plus.
- Experience in product safety compliance will be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in safety, project management, engineering, or a related technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of vehicle-level product compliance experience
- Experience working in a multi-national company within an international team
- Extensive experience in assessing compliance risk, obtaining vehicle certification approvals, maintaining self-certification files, and resolving complex vehicle compliance challenges.
- Strong communication skills in a global setting.
- Able to plan and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
About Segway Powersports
We don’t just deliver the ultimate riding experience - we define it.