The Segway District Account Manager will deliver the best-in-class value to Segway consumers and dealers by partnering with dealer and internal departments to leverage our market position, scale, and resources to lead the industry in customer experience, profitability, and efficient manufacturer to dealer interactions.
The District Account Manager will develop and maintain strong dealer relationships by meeting and exceeding corporate and district sales objectives for retail growth, increasing market share, and maintaining a dealer network that exceeds Segway corporate strategy, while projecting a professional image on behalf of Segway. In this role, the DAM will successfully influence and partner with dealers to ensure consumers’ retail needs are met. In order to meet these retail needs, it is the DAM responsibility to ensure each of their dealers are onboarded, trained, and meets the requirements of being a Segway dealer.
This Segway District Account Manager will support the following district in the
#1 East North Central: WI, MI, IL, IN, OH or West North Central: MN, IA, MO, ND, SD, NE, KS
#1 East South Central: KY, TN, MS, AL
#1 West Mountain: NV, UT, CO, AZ
- Partner daily with powersports dealerships to strengthen relationships, build influence, enhance retail, drive Segway & dealer profitability and improve the consumer experience.
- Drive industry-leading customer experience through each stage of shopping, buying, and owning process.
- Responsible for improving the dealer network through prospecting open markets and facilitating upgrades within the dealer network where needed.
Wholegood Retail, PG&A, Service:
- Set effective and market appropriate stocking profiles for wholegood and PG&A
- Strategically influence dealers’ showrooms through walk-the-store, merchandising, and point-of-purchase to reflect seasonal consumer programs and market needs
- Conduct ongoing trainings on sales & service processes and product walk-around for dealers
- Execute traffic and closing plans to maximize retail through traditional and digital retail planning
- Lead showroom merchandising and accessorizing strategies along with allocation of showroom for display of Segway whole-goods and PG&A to improve overall retail experience for consumers
- Leverage Segway product advantage, yielding improved dealer profitability and consumer experiences, in-store and digitally
- Create consistent demand through proper merchandising that yields accessory attachment growth
- Assist dealers in planning & execution of floorplans, merchandising, and corresponding Wholegood and PG&A stocking profiles
- Monitor and enforce Segway branding & showroom requirements
- Review monthly their overall business process goals to ensure positive customer experience (i.e., warranty registrations, warranty repair timing, spare parts availability)
- Work with dealers to assess deficiencies on critical customer expectations (i.e., digital, in-store experience) and drive positive change through training
Business Partnership & Communication:
- Effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate superior follow-through; be the face and voice of Segway in-store and act as voice-of-the-field to internal stakeholders
- Identify and communicate and influence action with dealer profitability and value-add to consumers
- Problem-solve for rapid issue resolution, driving win-win-win approach for consumers, dealers, and Segway
- Identify and elevate competitive shifts and proactively implement countermeasures as necessary
Skills & Knowledge:
- 3-5 years’ field sales and retail sales or dealership experience with proven track record preferred
- 3-5 years’ sales administration, distribution and customer service experience
- Knowledge of a distribution network strategy
- Must possess highly effective influence and relationship-building skills, excellent at customer service
- Analytical and sales oriented – able to craft a strategic sell-in based on demonstrated profitability and productivity measures
- Proficient in all MS Office software suite
- Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to Multitask, can manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Light Mechanical aptitude, hands-on – willing to roll up sleeves
- Entrepreneurial, independent, self-starter
- Strongly Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred (Business, Marketing)
- Powersports Industry Knowledge
- Off-road / Powersports business and product knowledge
- An understanding, appreciation, and passion for Segway products
- Dealer management system (DMS) knowledge
- Remote/home-office work environment, with travel
- Travel required up to 80% for meetings, region travel or customer events
- Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions may be required
- Reports to VP of Sales and Marketing
About Segway Powersports
We don’t just deliver the ultimate riding experience - we define it.