Riding High Harley-Davidson is currently looking for a full-time Motorcycle Parts Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing Harley-Davidson dealerships in the Carolinas.
Provide customers with exceptional service by exceeding their individual needs and expectations and promoting the philosophy and values of the Harley-Davidson® culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides superior customer service to both internal (Service Department) and external customers.
- Greet customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
- Estimate length of time to receive any back-ordered parts and clearly communicate it to the customer. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrating our commitment to Superior Customer Service.
- Ensure sales and efficiency of the P&A Department.
- Assist with training and implementation.
- Ensure the needs of the service department are being met daily.
- Review all stock orders with the Inventory Manager to ensure a fast-moving balanced inventory of parts and accessories.
- Maintain adequate stock levels to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Be familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management.
- Ensure procedures for ordering, receiving, and logging inventory are being executed.
- Employ sound management practices to ensure parts department contributes acceptable gross and net profit levels.
- Ensure sales goals exceed monthly and yearly goals.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with P&A merchandising and inventory control issues. (P.A.C.E., HDU, etc.).
- Maintain a clean and orderly department.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Experience with retail sales and inventory management.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts and service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
Comprehensive Paid Training.
Health Insurance with Dental, Vision, Short & Long term disability.
Competitive Vacation Time.
Industry-leading performance-based compensation.
Comprehensive employee recognition programs.
Opportunities for career advancement.