This position is responsible for explaining technical aspects of motorcycle repairs and customization through addition of parts and accessories to customers over the counter or via phone. The Retail Motorcycle Sales Technician will also provide support to the on-site installation shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides professional and courteous customer service at all times.
- Processes sales orders and returns for parts and accessories over the telephone or in person.
- Assists customers with questions pertaining to fitment of parts purchased from the company and identifies appropriate parts required for repairs/desired modification.
- Installs aftermarket parts on customers’ motorcycles post purchase.
- Processes/prepares responses to customer correspondence received through the Tech email port via the internet.
- Describes to customer specifications, parts and accessories offered through the catalog and other vendors.
- Completes any follow-up work required to ensure complete and accurate customer service and accurate installation.
- Maintains and updates technical knowledge of the latest parts, service updates, and accessories by reviewing industry periodicals and web sites.
- Uses computer to access customer records and enter/update appropriate customer information for the processing of sales orders.
- Sells Gold Club Memberships to customers.
- Provides technical support/training to non-technical sales staff.
- Assists other technicians and sales staff with projects and questions.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule.
Educational and Experience Requirements
Minimum of two years of experience repairing Harley-Davidson and/or metric motorcycles. Previous experience in retail is preferred.
Other Special Requirements
- Must have a valid Arizona State Driver’s License with motorcycle endorsement.
- Effective merchandising and communication skills.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service and sound technical advice.
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work under a flexible schedule that may fluctuate with seasonal demand, including day, night and weekend availability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position must regularly lift and or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Hourly base rate + commission
- Work in an industry that you are passionate about!
- Amazing employee discounts on all our great products.
- Great work/life balance.
- Training and development.
- Career opportunities.
- Just an all-around excellent place to work!!
J & P Cycles provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Our team members are the industry's most enthusiastic and dedicated staff out there. We offer generous employee discounts and harbor a high energy and exciting work environment, because we know how to have fun! We're extremely passionate about motorcycles, riding and providing excellent customer service while cultivating long-lasting relationships with like-minded people. Comoto’s brands, RevZilla, Cycle Gear, J&P Cycles and Rever, deliver premium products, dedicated expertise, engaging media, and passionate customer support of the rider community, through best-in-class e-commerce and retail experiences.