What to expect when you work here
As a Store Manager (SM), you will be responsible for managing the store’s team members and the overall success of the store. You will partner with your Assistant Store Manager to hold your team accountable for meeting sales goals by ensuring that they provide friendly, enthusiastic customer service. You will be expected to maintain a strong sense of product knowledge, and to provide customers and team members with in-depth information on product features and benefits. You will also be responsible for managing all store operations, including opening and closing procedures, administering returns/store credit, managing schedules, performance metrics and standards, and dividing tasks amongst your team.
You can expect our 5 Core Values to drive everything we do.
Aim For The Podium:
- We provide an outstanding shopping experience and deliver exceptional customer service. The SM is an essential sales driver, coach, and communicator, providing training, leading by example, and communicating sales goals
- Ensure that merchandising is completed according to MAPP, and that the store aesthetic is clean, stocked, and organized
- Stay up-to-date with our brand and product knowledge, company information, sales and company-wide events, truly becoming a resource to your team and our customer base
- Hustle, improve, win, and don’t fear change. Take victory laps, and celebrate wins big and small
- Build and retain a winning team by partnering with Talent Acquisition and actively recruiting in-store and in your local community
Take Risks; Wear a Helmet:
- It never hurts to try something new. We are always looking to grow and progress and want to hear all your new ideas.
- Little wins can make a big difference – when you try something new, and it works, feed the idea up, so it can be shared. The best new ideas come from the teams in our stores!
- Don’t be afraid to fail; no one is right all the time, but you can always be well-prepared.
Share The Road:
- We take the health, safety, and wellness of our employees seriously. Our Wellness program and safety committee offers workshops, classes, resources, etc. to all of our team members
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion council and employee resource groups promote open and honest communication, remove barriers, and champion policies to build a more equitable environment
- Do the right thing, and lead by example with a friendly and upbeat personality
- Set a tone of friendly competition, so that your team works together when selling, and everyone understands when to step back and when to step up and offer help
Keep It Real:
- We’ll start you at a fair hourly base pay, plus you’ll earn a 2% commission on every sale, with additional incentives available, such as SPIFFS and monthly bonus potential
- Full Time benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Accident, Paid Time Off, 401K, and a generous employee discount
- We strongly value training and development – with that, your first 5 shifts will be base pay only, so you may focus on learning
- Deliver honest feedback in a way that motivates your team members to push for their best
Fuel Your Passion:
- Work in an industry that you are passionate about!
- We are a growing company, and we promote from within – career opportunities!
- Represent Cycle Gear at special events, such as annual sales meetings, Bike Nights, local motorcycle venues and mechanic schools, etc.
- We have the best customers! Riders are passionate, friendly, charitable, community-minded people, and we get to interact with them every day!
Our next Store Manager has:
- Sales management, product sales, and/or customer service experience, ideally in a specialty retail environment
- Demonstrated the ability to lead a team that delivers results
- A proven track record of teaching, motivating and holding a team accountable
- Experience with computers (MS Excel) and POS systems (RetailPro)
- A self-starter mentality that consistently delivers an outstanding, personalized retail experience
- An open mind, and is eager to learn and be a part of the riding community
- Motorcycle riding, knowledge, or interest (strongly desired, but not a requirement)
Cycle Gear provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Our team members are the industry's most enthusiastic and dedicated staff out there. We offer generous employee discounts and harbor a high energy and exciting work environment, because we know how to have fun! We're extremely passionate about motorcycles, riding and providing excellent customer service while cultivating long-lasting relationships with like-minded people. Comoto’s brands, RevZilla, Cycle Gear, J&P Cycles and Rever, deliver premium products, dedicated expertise, engaging media, and passionate customer support of the rider community, through best-in-class e-commerce and retail experiences.