Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible within dealership and factory quality and efficiency guidelines.
• Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to (internal and external) customers.
• Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
• Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
• Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
• Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Service Department Operations
• Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
• Examine customers’ motorcycle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
• Accept work assignments from Service Advisor/Manager.
• Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
• Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
• Notify Service Advisor/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
• Keep customers’ vehicles cleaner that when it was dropped off.
• Road-test vehicles to aid in diagnosis and again after repairs are completed to verify quality of work performed.
• After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
• Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
• Assist Service Advisor, when requested, with writing up work orders, communicating with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
• Understand and follow Federal, State and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
• Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
• Handle customer complaints reasonably showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
Other Duties – As Assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: – None
• Focus on quality.
• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with respect.
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• Completion of a factory authorized formal training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge and experience with service of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
• Manual dexterity and good judgment.
• Current license with motorcycle endorsement and good driving record.
• Ability to manage time and demands professionally as well as personally.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a neat, well organized work area.
• Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools within 60 days of hire. See attached list of required tools.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information accurately.
• Will be exposed to vibration, dust, or other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
• Service Technician will stand six to eight hours per shift, hoisting and testing equipment as needed.
• Will use hand and power tools.
• Will be required to wear dealership uniform at all times.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Requires the use of both hands.
• Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 40 lb. of material.
• Frequently require the ability to balance and push a 600+ lb. motorcycle.
• Ability to manage stress.
• Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
• Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Amazing Service Department
We want you and your required qualifications to join our team! Apply today via our website or email your resume to email@example.com with RRHD-ST-0720 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you! Only qualified applicants will be given consideration.
About Red Rock Harley-Davidson
Red Rock Harley-Davidson®, Las Vegas' place to rock with 104,000 square feet of pure Harley®! Red Rock Harley-Davidson® motorcycle dealership sells and services new and used Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, parts & accessories, and MotorClothes® apparel to motorcycle enthusiasts in Southern Nevada.
Red Rock Harley-Davidson has been awarded numerous Harley-Davidson Motor Company’s Bar and Shield Awards including the most prestigious Platinum Bar & Shield Award for 2011 & 2015! This award is given to the top six Harley-Davidson® dealerships in the United States.