Rekluse, a Race Winning Brands company in Boise, ID currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The Manufacturing Engineer will assist Rekluse operations and programming teams to create and maintain manufacturing processes, which ensure Rekluse standards for quality, performance and customer satisfaction are met. Continuously improve manufacturing processes, which includes reducing setup times, processing times, and tool costs while improving quality. Define
and review best-practice procedures related to quality and capacity and implement changes as needed. Gather and utilize data to make informed decisions.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and requires significant interaction with Research and Development (R&D) Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, and Quality teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze drawings, CAD models, and engineering specifications to apply best tooling and machining processes.
• Develop manufacturing processes for machined parts utilizing machine tools and automation equipment.
• Learn and apply best practices for process development.
• Configure and troubleshoot robotic tending machines for production parts.
• Document processes as required by the Rekluse Quality Management System.
• Assist Operations to:
o Determine the most effective inspection techniques and/or tools.
o Maintain a safe production environment.
o Increase productivity, improve quality and reliability.
o Minimize waste.
• Support prototyping needs of the R&D department.
• Provide manufacturing expertise to assist Product Development Engineers in design for manufacture.
• Expose opportunities to make processes more efficient and improve the team’s overall throughput.
• Engage with other departments such as Operations, Product Development, and IT to further improve efficiency, reduce scrap, and reduce cost.
• Self-starter with the ability to conceptualize, implement, manage, and execute multiple projects and tasks with minimum supervision.
• Familiar with precision measurement tools including micrometers, height gauges, dial indicators, calipers, etc.
• Experience in managing and leading projects to successful completion, including management of a team.
• Some weekend work and travel may be required.
Skills and Competencies:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred specifically in engineering or related discipline.
Process development experience in a production environment, experience with CNC manufacturing processes desired.
CAD/CAM experience preferred.
Understanding of CNC machine tool technology and automation of these types of equipment.
Computer Skills: Familiar with CAD software and MS office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Must be able to communicate with both management and non-management associates.
About Race Winning Brands
Race Winning Brands (RWB) is the leading manufacturer of racing and high-performance parts sold to automotive and powersports markets. RWB is the preferred source for high-end pistons, engine blocks, cylinder heads, intake manifolds, connecting rods, crankshafts, clutches and other engine and driveline- related performance components. RWB markets its products through multiple prominent brands including JE Pistons, Wiseco Performance Products, K1 Technologies, Diamond Pistons, Trend Performance, Rekluse Motor Sports, MGP Connecting Rods, ProX Racing Parts, and Dart Machinery. RWB sells to a diverse and unmatched customer base of professional and sportsman racers, engine builders, enthusiasts, OEMs, automotive and powersports dealers and wholesale distributors. RWB is headquartered in Mentor, Ohio with sales offices and manufacturing operations in strategic locations throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia.