West Coast Sales / Business Development Representative
Quin, the only motorcycle helmet that is smart about safety, is looking for a Regional Sales Representative to cover the West Coast territory, with an initial focus on California and Vegas, NV, who will be responsible for new dealer development, new product placements, and reorder sales of Quin’s smart motorcycle helmets.
Who We Are
Quin is the maker of Quin Tech and Quin Motorcycle Helmets, the world’s first ECE-certified smart helmet that has been providing specialized automatic crash detection and response protocols since 2018. Quin outsources nothing: we are all makers, engineers, tinkerers, and doers. Our tech is constantly evolving, constantly informed by real riders and our response to what they need to stay safe.
Learn more about Quin’s latest update to smart safety features here: https://blog.motorcycle.com/2023/01/25/motorcycle-news/quin-helmets-and-rapidsos-team-up-to-increase-response-times-for-downed-riders/
Who You Are
The West Coast Sales Representative is a critical member of the lean and mean sales team with a concentration on business development, relationship management and revenue creation within the designated territory. This position works closely with motorsports dealerships and a team of sales reps that reports directly to the Commercial Director.
The West Coast Region Includes: Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, Utah. The ideal candidate would live within driving distance to key dealer accounts in the state of California. Candidates must live within a reasonable distance from a major airport.
You Will Succeed If
You’re Driven. You are committed to the mission of providing essential, simple, innovative and harmonious safety systems that improve people’s lives in practical ways, and are aware that bringing a product to market requires tremendous effort and creativity. You welcome the challenge. You are a self starter and take initiative on any projects assigned. You are not afraid to admit mistakes and you fix what you can right away.
You’re Up For A Challenge. If you’re given the tools and the time to take on a challenge, you’re already ready to dive in. You’re up for any sales challenge, and can’t wait to learn new skills to move lids. You love technological advancement, and think safety is sexy. You are thrilled by the opportunity to learn more about electronics hardware, software, integrated systems and more.
You’re An Excellent Communicator. Every part of this role requires excellent communication skills. Whether it is communicating with your internal Quin team, with your dealers, or customers directly, this skill is of paramount importance. You know how to be convincing, direct, and professional. You always see criticism as constructive. You know how to turn a negative into a positive.
You’re a whiz at sales. You could sell ice to an eskimo, as they say. You know how to find allies everywhere, at any shop, of any demographic. You know how to teach an old dog (shop staff who’s never seen real tech) new tricks (tech confidence). You’re excited about pioneering a newer brand in your territory, and the idea of resting on the laurels of an old brand with no real innovation sounds like a slow way to die.
You’re curious. At Quin, your colleagues are award-winning designers, engineers, coders, campaign producers, industry pioneers, celebrity-servicing sales people and more. There’s always something to learn from someone else that can make you better. We are a design-thinking led team of problem solvers. The most curious people create the most exciting opportunities for themselves and the company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, will provide on-site/in-field support to current Dealers as well as prospecting new dealers to facilitate growth in the assigned territory. This position will be responsible for establishing, building, and managing sales relationships with Motorcycle dealerships in the territory, offering the only truly smart helmet range available to riders, without supply shortages. Must have attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time, remote position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contact as many accounts as possible per day
- Open new accounts
- Create and promote sales growth in new accounts
- Log 5-6 hours per day on the phone or in dealerships
- Prospecting, merchandising, inventory control, order compilation, research, new product demonstrations. Provides comprehensive customer service to assigned dealers creating account strategies, prepare future purchasing orders, and present merchandise in a compelling way to attract more customers.
- Interact and work with multiple departments within the company
- Attend to required vendor and company sponsored trade shows and dealer events
- Keep current with sales programs, new products, services, and other industry related information, such as competitive activity within territory
- Other duties as needed. This is an outside sales position that will require extensive daily travel within the territory. It requires the use of your own vehicle, therefore a reliable car or truck is necessary.
- Training dealership staff and obtaining a high level of buy-in for them to champion our helmets and technology.
- Hit sales targets
- Track orders
- Previous experience with sales
- Previous experience in the power sports industry preferred
- Excellent customer services skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook – redundant, see below in blue
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a positive and friendly attitude and work well with others
- Physical Demands
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to drive daily to and from customers
- Must be able to move about inside dealer stores
- Must be able to ascend/descend a ladder
- Must be able to position self to merchandise and move products
- Must be able to lift and transfer weight of 40 pounds
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written
- Must be able to read from a screen
- Required Qualifications and Education
- 2 years’ experience in Powersports Industry sales
- Reliable car or truck with appropriate insurance
- Computer with internet access
- Cell phone – smart phone iOs or Android to be able to connect to the Quin App and demonstrate its features to dealer
- Good working knowledge of MS suite applications (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook) or Gsuite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail).
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Motorcycle knowledge preferred
- Savviness with technology including mobile applications (iOS or Android), and strong desire to learn and quickly upskill on new technologies, especially all aspects of Quin technology
- Understanding of e-commerce and/or market place sales a plus (to support dealers with this arm of business)
- Benefits Package (For full-time employees): Medical/Dental/Vision, Vacation/Sick Time off, employee discounts
Apply Now – Send your Resume and Cover Letter or Video to email@example.com.
Quin reserves the right to update, change, delete or add to this job description any time before or after recruitment.
Quintessential Design Inc. (Quin) is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Quin will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Quin may require background checks, references, and other information, subject to local law.