Service Advisor Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers upon arrival to shop
- Determine reason for customers visit through verbal interview and visual assessment of vehicle
- Consult with Service Manager regarding appropriate service options
- Develop as many solution methods as possible, attempting to keep costs low
- Explain all service options to customers including time and cost estimates
- Provide in-depth information on original equipment manufacturer (OEM) part options and aftermarket options.
- Enter repair order into system and update as needed.
- Track maintenance or repair status, and inform customers of status.
- Perform post-service inspection with customers and answer any questions they may have
- Ring up customers at the front desk and facilitate financial transactions
- Perform customer service duties, i.e. answering the phone, scheduling service appointments, calling customers and getting approval for repairs and calling customers to inform them that their vehicle is ready for pick up.
- Service Advisor Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 4+ years in the powersports industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must have computer and data entry skills
- Ability to explain repairs to customers who may not be familiar with industry terminology
- Compassionate and patient demeanor
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Extensive knowledge base of powersports industry and parts