The Powersports Market Segment Manager’s responsibilities include driving top line revenue growth for the assigned market segment which includes motorcycle, personal watercraft, ATV, snowmobile and marine. You will develop and execute the strategic plans for the segment and work closely with all internal groups, including Customer Service, Marketing, Finance and Shipping Operations. This position requires experience in the motorcycle/powersports market and strong product background and communication skills. The individual reports to VP Sales & Marketing and will initiate new product development strategies, development of customer value propositions, marketing programs and service strategies. It is critical that you have the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally and drive initiatives.
Responsibilities include building and development of new business, assisting the field sales team, identifying market and competitive trends, developing and refining relevant business value propositions to match these trends, as well as, developing marketing strategies and programs to drive growth in the segment.
- Develop and leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs within the segment.
- Research and implement approved new products into appropriate product line.
- Assist in development of sales support literature, point-of-purchase displays, catalog layout and other forms of sales support material – both print and electronic.
- Provide technical support to consumers and distributors as needed.
- Attend and participate in trade and consumer events and setting up show displays
- Off-site customer training as directed.
- Ability to sell consumer direct at various automotive and powersports related events
- Prepare and update installation instructions, technical information, FAQ’s and MSDS.
- Prepare and provide input for company website and viral marketing initiatives.
- Remain flexible to change and support / suggest new ways of conducting business
- Monitor and assess competitive information and maintain product cross references and price comparisons.
- Continue to develop ways to grow existing base of customers.
- Perform other tasks and/or related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation preferred
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in written form
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation
- Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and realize new opportunities.
- Ability to identify marketing program opportunities and achieve market success.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong goal / results orientation.
- Effective time management
- Project management & Problem solving skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
This position comes with a flexible salary range based on experience Commission on all sales in segment plus target bonus. Company offered benefits include: Health, dental & vision insurance; paid time off, paid holidays, company supported 401k plan and profit sharing plan. A clean, safe and friendly work environment is something in which we pride ourselves
About Design Engineering, Inc (DEI)
Manufacturer of heat and sound solution products including pipe wrap, heat protective sleeving, heat kits for UTV's and heat refelctive materials.