Experiential Marketing is a key component of the On-Road Divisions go to market strategy driven by the lifestyle nature of the Motorcycle category. In this role the Specialist will lead planning and onsite execution of events for the Slingshot Tour program throughout the year for the Slingshot brand. Key responsibilities include planning and execution of consumer events, day to day communication to supervisor of event requests & recaps including reporting on KPIs, onsite management of events including set up, activation and tear down.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES :
Lead & execute onsite event activation for Slingshot Tour Program
The Slingshot Tour is a small-scale event activation program targeted at drastically increasing Slingshot’s brand awareness and familiarity. It is a 365 day a year program, active in various markets in North America, and is one of the top marketing programs the brand runs annually.
Specific areas of responsibility:
1. Strategically research & develop event plan in designated market – submit for approval to program supervisor
2. Responsible for all executional elements of every activation including set up, tear down, managing vendor contracts, ensuring display units are clean and overall display & assets are presentable to consumers.
3. Must represent Slingshot onsite at all events, engage consumers, inform about product / answer questions & collect leads based on national sweepstakes campaign.
4. Coordinate w/Dealer Sales Manager(s) to engage potential local dealer involvement at events. This includes holding bi-weekly calls w/sales team & Slingshot Tour supervisor to communicate and coordinate upcoming events
5. Manage budget for site fees & support staff
6. Submit expense report w/receipts showing actuals on bi-weekly basis
7. Responsible for general upkeep and maintenance of company truck, trailer, and marketing units
8. Upload consumer sweepstakes leads via lead management system & send recap using the provided formstack.com link on KPI metrics within 24 hours post event
Support Overall Development of Marketing Plan Related to Slingshot Tour
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required 3-5 years’ relevant field marketing experience
Proven track record of organizational and project management skills
Self-motivated, proactive problem solver, focused high-achiever who consistently delivers results and has the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment Highly collaborative, with strong creativity in approach to work and problem solving.
Excellent communication skills
Driver’s License including motorcycle endorsement and ability to drive a full size van & 20ft trailer.
Travel is required to events, often on evenings and weekends. Travel outside of home market 75% of the time and spans throughout the year, w/roughly 100 working event days and up to150 travel days. The majority of events willbe held outdoors. Plan for 1-2 “remote office” days per week for researching and planning future events and reporting on completed events.
About Polaris Industries Inc.
Polaris Industries Inc. designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality, off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, Victory and Indian motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.