The Motorcycle Channel Development Manager is responsible for the strategy, planning, and execution associated with the development, optimization and improvement of the global MC network. This role will include all strategy development related to IMC & Slingshot dealer location, market opportunities, dealer standards, and dealer network improvement initiatives. This role will focus heavily on process, training, tools & systems support for the MDM team and front-end team. This role will drive these strategies in partnership with international channel development resource(s), with heavy stakeholder collaboration with marketing and sales leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Global Network Training & Improvement
- Oversee the strategy, development & execution of all 5-profit center training curriculum (IE 20 Groups, online training, Dealer Academies and all other training materials for dealer network and MC sales teams)
- Develop, execute and managing ongoing process to measure dealer performance, engagement and health resulting in supporting network strategies, local market plans, and/or dealer programs and standards.
- Develop strategy and plan to support realistic and achievable dealer improvement action plans or engagement action plans
- Oversee the development & deployment of on-line and in-store new dealer onboarding and training
- Development and maintain dealer standards for MC network– including the dealer performance as it relates to performance, profitability, service & experience
- Role to serve both North America and International efforts in these areas in collaboration with brand, field and international designated resources and leadership
Network Expansion & Optimization
- Expand and optimize Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot networks. Build network location strategy and execute recruitment plans to support growth and/or optimization needs of global network.
- Responsible for all dealership add processes, including stage gate adherence associated with new dealers, relocations, buy-sell, and terminations, working cross-functionally and cross businesses as required.
- Develop and manage high performing Market Development team to execute recruitment & new dealer onboard plans
- Be the face of the Polaris MC division to high potential prospects and sell in the Polaris MC business model
- Develop tools & process to support efficient market prospecting, prospect activation, and new dealer onboarding.
- Ensure MC needs are support by Polaris Dealer Agreement and Policy Manuals. Key legal contact for dealer issues (i.e., open points, terminations, cross border)
Sales Force Optimization
- Partner closely with Director of Sales to align channel strategy with GBU sales goals and strategies
- Responsible for oversight of dealer & field CRM (contact, follow-up, close)
- Manage strategic partnerships & coordinators that support field teams & market development work
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Management of Departmental Expenses
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent education plus experience
- 8-10 years of business experience
- Proven track record in business development strategies and plans, and leading teams to execute flawlessly
- Field Sales, Channel Management, and Finance experience highly preferred
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and tactical ability combined with expert relationship management skills
- Outstanding leadership skills within team and cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Ability to make decisions and influence; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Fast paced
- 30%+ Travel
- Dynamic and changing environment associated with growth-oriented Business Unit
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
About Polaris Industries Inc.
Polaris Industries Inc. designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality, off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, Victory and Indian motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.