The Polaris District Retail Manager will deliver world-class value to Polaris consumers and dealers, partnering with dealers and internal stakeholders to leverage our market leader position, scale, and resources to drive leading customer experience, profitable growth and effective, efficient OEM-dealer interactions.
The District Retail Manager will develop and maintain strong dealer relationships to meet and exceed corporate and district sales objectives for retail growth, increasing market share and upgrading the dealer network while projecting a professional image on behalf of Polaris. In this role, the DRM will successfully influence and partner with dealers to ensure consumers’ retail needs are met.
This Polaris District Retail Manager will support the following district in the Rocky Mountain region: Lubbock, TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Partner daily with powersports dealerships to strengthen relationships, build influence, enhance retail, drive Polaris & dealer profitability and improve the end user experience.
- Drive industry-leading customer experience through each stage of shopping, buying and owning cycle
- Responsible for improving the dealer network through prospecting open markets and facilitating upgrades within the dealer network where needed.
Wholegood Retail (Off Road Vehicle + SNOW), PG&A, F&I, Service:
- Set effective and market appropriate stocking profiles for wholegood and PG&A
- Strategically influence dealers’ showrooms through walk-the-store, merchandising, and point-of-purchase to reflect seasonal consumer programs and market needs
- Conduct ongoing trainings on sales process and product for dealers and promote dealer certification program
- Execute traffic and closing plans to maximize retail through traditional and digital retail planning
- Lead showroom merchandising and accessorizing strategies to improve overall retail experience for consumers
- Leverage 3rd party partnerships to maximize PII’s competitive advantage, yielding improved dealer profitability and consumer experiences, in-store and digitally
- Create consistent demand through proper merchandising that yields accessory attachment growth
- Assist dealers and corporate stakeholders to plan and execute floorplans, merchandising, and corresponding Wholegood and PG&A stocking profiles
- Monitor and drive Polaris branding requirements
- Review speed and quality processes with dealers around detractor engagement
- Work with dealers to assess deficiencies on critical customer expectations (i.e. digital, in-store experience) and drive positive change through training
Business Partnership & Communication:
- Effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate superior follow-through; be the face and voice of Polaris in-store and act as voice-of-the-field to internal stakeholders
- Identify and communicate and influence action with dealer profitability and value-add to consumers
- Problem-solve for rapid issue resolution, driving win-win-win approach for consumers, dealers and Polaris
- Identify and elevate competitive shifts and proactively implement countermeasures as necessary
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years’ field sales and retail sales or dealership experience with proven track record preferred
- 3-5 years’ sales administration, distribution and customer service experience
- Knowledge of a distribution network strategy
- Must possess highly effective influence and relationship-building skills, excellent at customer service
- Analytical and sales oriented – able to craft a strategic sell-in based on demonstrated profitability and productivity measures
- Proficient in all MS Office software suite
- Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to Multi Task, can manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Light Mechanical aptitude, hands-on – willing to roll up sleeves
- Entrepreneurial, independent, self-starter
- Strongly Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred (Business, Marketing)
- Powersports Industry Knowledge
- Polaris business and product knowledge
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris product
- Dealer management system (DMS) knowledge
- Remote/home-office work environment, with travel
- Travel required up to 80% for meetings, region travel or customer events
- Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions may be required
- Reports to Regional Sales Manager
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
About Polaris Industries Inc.
Polaris Industries Inc. designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality, off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, Victory and Indian motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.