As a Sourcing Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the strategy development and implementation for assigned categories in alignment with the broader Commodity Strategy. You will manage the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet our four priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product Integration, and Cost Competitiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manage assigned and establish new supplier relationships to ensure sufficient communication and alignment between the suppliers and Polaris.
- Participate in the execution of critical supply agreements and LTAs.
- Initiate request for proposal and quote for new parts and part revisions to approved suppliers based on defined commodity strategy and propose supplier selections for assigned commodity.
- Evaluate supplier capability and fit for overall Commodity.
- Identify and execute the implementation of cost reduction projects, supplier exits, and tool transitions.
- Manage cost, schedule, technical, and drawing release status of projects and lead corrective actions as required.
- Execute on the multi-year vision for the commodity, taking into account input from the internal customers, purchasing goals, risk, future growth plans, and broader supply chain strategy.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Based on the commodity strategy and goals, establish individual supplier cost reduction approaches and quantifiable targets. Then work with suppliers to achieve those targets.
- Utilize tools like: fact based negotiation, should cost modeling, and competitive market analysis to initiate cost reduction projects.
- Establish contractual commitments to ensure longer-term cost savings to meet departmental goals.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery.
- Manage supplier capabilities, lead-times, and capacity to ensure on-time delivery of components to support production schedules.
- Helps support part shortages and delivery when necessary.
- Conducts make vs. buy analysis. Prepares and solicits requests for quotes and proposals.
- Lead coordination of resources and schedules between multiple departments to assist in the development, launch, production, and continuation support of production vehicles from multiple facilities.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
About Polaris Industries Inc.
Polaris Industries Inc. designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality, off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, Victory and Indian motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.