About the Company
Piaggio Group Americas, Inc., is a subsidiary of Piaggio & C. SpA, the largest European manufacturer of scooters and motorcycles, headquartered in New York, established in 1998. Today, Piaggio Group Americas distributes Aprilia and Moto Guzzi motorcycles and Piaggio and Vespa scooters throughout the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
Moto Guzzi: http://www.motoguzzi.com/
Description of Position
Responsible for keeping the distributor network technical information up-to-date and offering technical support and customer service advise via phone and or e-mail. Liaise on spare parts enquiries between Distributors, Spare Parts Department and Supply Chain. This a hybrid role with presence required in the NYC Piaggio Headquarters.
Responsible for technical Information Support
– Ensure the Distributor has access to full and up-to-date parts and technical documentation
– Ensure the Supply Chain has complete and up-to-date parts information
– Implement and update technical “On-Line” information
– Create technical information documents for distribution to the Distributors
– Provide feedback to Italy of product quality and parts problems
– Monitor Distributor network: improve relationship, take care of their priorities, understand and solve their problems.
Responsible to provide technical advice
– Provide technical advice and assistance by phone, e-mail and fax to Distributors
Responsible to provide customer Service Support
– Supply dating letters and Certificates of Conformity when requested
– Reply by phone, e-mail and fax to after sales technical questions
– Taking individual cases, and handling/co-coordinating until resolution
– Monitors and archives all Documents, emails, letters related to product behavior and customer/distributor complaints
Responsible for technical training
– Assist at training courses for the dealer network, as requested by Training Manager.
– Assist with producing technical literature for use during training courses.
Responsible for warranty
– On a daily basis, coordinate & communicate to supervisor the main technical issues
– Follow company warranty guidelines and procedures
– Investigation of individual Warranty claims as requested
Responsible for spare parts & accessories for the markets
– Assist and support distributors for any request and/or complaints related to spare parts and accessories
- Experience of motorcycles and Scooters plus servicing and repair methods
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar positions
- Clear understanding of technical, mechanical and electrical principles
- Well organized, methodical and able to prioritize
- High level of Customer Service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications, internet usage and software applications
- US work authorization required