Who We Are
LeMans Corporation, the leading global distributor of motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV/UTV and personal watercraft parts and accessories headquartered in Janesville, Wisconsin has an immediate opening for a Technical Copy Writer.
This position is a remote position.
LeMans Corporation promotes racing through its campaign WE SUPPORT THE SPORT®, helping to drive consumers to dealerships, while entertaining its dealers through hospitalities at the events it sponsors. LeMans Corporation d/b/a Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties sells to over 20,000 dealerships worldwide. We continue to expand our service territory with our sister companies Parts Unlimited, Drag Specialties, Parts Canada and Parts Europe.
Edge Advertising is the marketing department that puts the passion into powersports! We are the creative force behind the sales catalogs for LeMans Corporation. Our diverse team of enthusiasts generates print and online marketing materials for Drag Specialties, Drag Specialties Canada, Drag Specialties Europe, Parts Unlimited, Parts Canada and Parts Europe. To learn more about our company please visit us online at www.parts-unlimited.com
The Technical Copy Writer is responsible for generating all catalogs and marketing copy content for a wide variety of powersports vendors. The writer will be in direct contact with the LeMans purchasing department and industry vendors to ensure that all products being showcased in the company’s marketing materials are accurate, easy to understand and have the most current application data. This position evaluates, edits, and presents sales materials for products LeMans distributes to powersports dealers globally to ensure LeMans continues to be a market leader in the industry.
- Researches, outlines, writes, and edits new and existing content for all marketing media
- Communicates through email and phone requests for information from vendors
- Utilizes supplied information and write to LeMans catalogs’ style
- Creates, edits and maintains copy product descriptions for catalogs, including large data fields (charts)
- Gathers information to develop and write, clear, accurate copy and application information for vendor product lines
- Analyzes application charts and powersport specific fitment information
- Works with other departments to ensure product presentations are correct
- Available during work hours through the company’s communication channels: Outlook, Slack, GoToMeeting, Zoom, and Skype
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Performs other tasks and/or duties as assigned
- Identifies key terms for specific products for data indexing
- Builds a database of terms/descriptions to help ensure uniform use throughout all marketing materials
Required Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience as writer/technical writer, powersports industry experience a
- Excellent written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Suite
- Strong time management skills
- High Speed Internet
- Dedicated office space
- Knowledge of powersport specific vehicle products
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 7+ hours.
- Must be mobile within an office space to access file cabinets and office equipment
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written.
- Must be able to read from a screen.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. LeMans Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. LeMans will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
This company participates in E-Verify
Notice to California Employees and Prospective Employees http://downloads.lemansnet.com/docs/LeMans_Corporation_CCPA_Employee_Privacy_Notice.pdf