Salary Range: $84,000-$94,000
Who We Are
LeMans Corporation, the leading global distributor of motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV/UTV and personal watercraft parts and accessories headquartered in Janesville, Wisconsin has an immediate opening for a Thor Product Graphic Designer II, in Poway CA.
LeMans Corporation promotes racing through its campaign WE SUPPORT THE SPORT®, helping to drive consumers to dealerships, while entertaining its dealers through hospitalities at the events it sponsors. LeMans Corporation d/b/a Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties sells to over 20,000 dealerships worldwide. We continue to expand our service territory with our sister companies Parts Unlimited, Drag Specialties, Parts Canada and Parts Europe.
The Product Graphic Designer II will focus on both conceptualization and completion of product graphics that meet the highest standards of the brand. Working independently and in team environments, the Designer utilizes both technical and creative tools to present and promote new design directions that achieve brand directives while focusing on the creation and completion of “tech packs” and production artwork.
The Product Graphic Designer II works on a wide range of products from pants, jerseys and gloves, to helmets, boots, protection, and casuals. This position is responsible for Racewear graphics, chassis design, concepts, sketches, line art, color comps, detailed drawings, tech packs and revisions through to completion. Utilizing a strong interest in product performance and functionality, the Product Graphic Designer II is continually working to advance the product for market success.
· Provides innovative, on trend design solutions while supporting other staff designers to bring product concepts to completion
· Works directly with design team, vendors, and Design Directors to achieve on-time, on-target projects
· Exhibits a high level of proﬁciency in all elements of design including concepts, sketching, comps, tech packs, and ﬁnal ﬁle prep
· Works independently and as part of a team providing multiple design solutions until ﬁnal design solution is attained
· Collaborates with vendors and design teams onsite overseas annually and/or biannually to provide solutions for product design and development issues and strategizes for upcoming seasons
· Maintains strict confidentiality
· Performs other duties and/or tasks as assigned
· Keep abreast of all competitor brands, design and imagery trends and methodologies
· Participates in rider services design contribution upon request
Required Qualifications and Education
· Bachelors degree and/or 4+ years’ experience in product design
· Excellent knowledge of computer applications including all Adobe Suite programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
· Excellent level of professionalism, and acute attention to detail in all areas of responsibilities
· Exceptional level of responsibility, integrity, honesty, and assertiveness
· Advanced time management and organizational skills
· Strong teamwork ethics
· General knowledge of Motocross industry preferred
· Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
· Valid Drivers’ License
· Good Driving record
· Valid US Passport
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 7+ hours
· Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, and office machinery
· Must be able to communicate verbally and written
· Must be able to read from a screen
· Must be able to operate a vehicle for 3+ hours
· Must be able to travel by air 8+ hours
· Must be able to travel 5+ consecutive days
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
LeMans Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. LeMans Corporation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Notice to California Employees and Prospective Employees