Malcolm Smith Motorsports is a large powersports dealership owned and operated by international motorcycle legend Malcolm Smith.
About the Job
The Parts Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and long term planning of the Parts Department at Malcolm Smith Motorsports. This manager reports directly to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain standard protocol for daily operations in the Parts Department.
- Manage Human Resource needs of the department with assistance from the Administration Department.
- Build stocking orders for parts inventory.
- Monitor and manage financials of department.
- Report bi-weekly to General Manager.
- Develop long term strategy for Parts Department.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS : Previous experience is highly beneficial but not necessary.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS : High school diploma required; college level degree is recommended.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and language skills
- Attention to detail
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of motorcycles, watercraft, and ATVs
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Comfort interacting with a wide range of people and personalities
- Strong follow-up and organization skills
- Ability to read and understand financial statements
- Strong computer skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Directly oversee 9-15 staff members
Internal: coordinate with other managers and employees
External: all parts customers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS : Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, lift moderately heavy boxes and reach overhead. The employee is frequently required to stand and type.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: the parts counter is busy and can be moderately noisy. All other workplaces are quiet and have low foot traffic. All work places can have high levels of distractions.
Other factors are:
- Professional work environment: business casual dress code, good personal hygiene
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
Social Security Verification
PLEASE APPLY BY RESPONDING TO THIS AD.
RATE OF PAY: Salary PLUS Performance Bonus.
Malcolm Smith Motorsports offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance and a 401(k) plan.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact us.
About Malcolm Smith Motorsports
Malcolm started working for Pappy Motts of Motts' Cycles in San Bernardino when he was fifteen, eventually landing at K&N Motorcycles. He moved up quickly at K&N and eventually bought the dealership from Norm McDonald. He renamed and reopened the relatively modest motorcycle dealer and repair shop in Riverside, California in 1966. During the next 30 years the dealership flourished and expanded into larger locations. After steady growth in the 90's, Malcolm decided that it was once again time to raise the bar and began construction on what was to become the standard for which all other dealerships would be judged. After three years of construction, Malcolm moved his dealership to the current location at 7599 Indiana Avenue near Madison and the 91 freeway. The current location opened November 2006 as Southern California's premier motorsports destination. In 2009, Malcolm Smith Motorsports was named “Number One Dealer in the Country” by Dealernews Magazine…Malcolm had once again won gold.