Position Summary: Accepts customer motorcycles, diagnoses service needs, up-sells product where reasonable and communicates job status to customers.
Required Experience: Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication and customer service skills. Knowledge and experience with servicing of all brands of motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly. Experience with point-of-sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers. Current motorcycle license. Communicates effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services.
· Perform a visual walk-around inspection to diagnose customer concerns accurately and clearly describe them on a repair order. Obtain customer signature, the permission to complete repairs.
· Promptly input Repair Orders into Lightspeed Dealer Management System, ensuring customer name, telephone number, and address are accurate.
· Document problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the Repair Order. Listen to the customer and don’t assume anything.
· Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
· Assign jobs to Technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Determine correct part numbers on Repair Orders and assist the Parts Department with picking and posting of parts on all Repair Orders.
· Review Repair Orders for the sales department to determine if all parts and accessories are available for the scheduled workday.
· Perform cashier functions, as required.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal Repair Orders.
· Become familiar and efficient with the computer system(s) for the Service Consultant position.
· Read, understand and follow all safety requirements when using tools and chemicals and performing work in the shop.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Notify customers ASAP of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
· Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
· Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Avoid making commitments that cannot (or likely will not) be met.
· Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
· Assist in maintaining a Service Follow up program.
· Other Duties – As assigned.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
· Occasionally requires the ability to lift 40 pounds of material.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 800 lb motorcycle.
About OC Motorcycle
At OC Motorcycle we are powersports enthusiasts, and we are excited to help you experience the fun and adventure that a quality MV Agusta, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio, Triumph, & Vespa vehicle can bring into your life! We are a powersports dealership serving the Costa Mesa area, offering the best in new and pre-owned motorcycles. Our friendly and knowledgeable sales, financing, service, and parts departments are ready to offer outstanding service at every point, from assisting while you're making your choice to ongoing maintenance and customization. At OC Motorcycle, we value the opportunity to create a long-term relationship with our customers, and we do that by making sure to exceed your expectations.