Job Description: Regional Sales Manager
NOTE: Please do not apply if you do not have direct motorcycle/powersport dealer experience.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager to join our team and continue to expand our footprint nationally. We have a large open territory in the Western states (Northern California, Nevada, Utah, Hawaii). Ideal residence cities are – San Francisco, Oakland, Salt Lake City, Reno. The Regional Sales Manager must live in the this region
Reporting to the National Sales Director, the Regional Sales Manager position is a highly visible outside sales position responsible for developing new client revenue growth in the region. The Regional Sales Manager is a hunter who will build long-term relationships in the Powersport industry and work closely with our sales, administrative, and operations departments in order to achieve the region’s goals and primary purpose.
· Generate new business by initiating and developing relationships with Powersport dealers in the region.
· Maintain current understanding of Powersport sales to validate credibility and trust with dealers.
· Frequent correspondence with Powersport dealers mostly from onsite visits in the field.
· Create and implement a strategic sales plan for territory penetration and management.
· Understand the sales and operational challenges for dealers and provide solutions to assist them in inventory management and cash flow.
· Proactively penetrate and radiate in existing accounts in region and increase consignment business by analyzing current dealer inventory statistics and growing monthly dealer consignment allocation.
· Understand the regions trends, changes, and uniqueness and provide feedback to management.
· Define new opportunities and manage to closure.
· Manage auction day and be highly involved with the auction process ensuring that dealers are provided with a world class level of service.
· Coordinate with our transportation group for pickup of consignment units.
· Continually update knowledge of the Powersport industry by studying current events, and competitive market dynamics.
· Travel up to 70% of the time to meet with clients and attend special events & required meetings.
· Daily use of our customer management software.
· Generate reporting on sales activities and pull custom reports and requested.
· Perform quarterly client and regional market review.
· Provide monthly forecast of sales results.
· Weekly participation in nationwide sales calls.
· Prepare and maintain a regional control module including sales and growth strategy, account reviews, marketing lead analysis and conversation, and forecasting and sales results.
· Sales skills: Identifies and sells to customer’s needs, translates our services to benefits, delivers effective presentations, and uses closing skills.
· Sales Goals: Achieves business plan and meets new business development goals,
· Negotiation skills: Conducts positive negotiations, handles conflict, seeks common ground, and stays focused on positive outcome.
· Territory management: Develops sales/marketing plans, forecasts sales, manages time, creates effective call plans, monitors and responds to competition, networks and generates referrals.
· Results focused: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, provides leadership and motivation.
· Interpersonal skills: Builds strong relationships, is flexible, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
· Listening skills: Listens attentively to others, asks clarifying questions, and manages distractions and interruptions. · Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate reports, delivers presentations, and shares information and ideas with others.
· Adaptability: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
· Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance and punctuality requirements.
· Integrity: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good and bad news.
· Must reside in region of coverage and have experience selling in that region. (please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement)
· Be passionate about Powersports.
· Experience with motorcycle dealers and the Powersport Industry.
· Outside Sales experience
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Willing to travel a majority of the time covering the territory.
· Computer skills (MS Office Suite; Outlook, CRM software)
· Ability to analyze and report on data
· Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments at one time
· Good presentation skills both verbally and in writing.
· Dependable, honest, and a team player
Compensation and Benefits
· Base salary plus a lucrative additional commission plan with no caps!
· 401k Company participation.
· Medical, dental, vision coverage.
· Mileage reimbursement.
· Travel and entertainment expense account.
About National PowerSport Auctions
National Powersport Auctions is the world's largest powersport auction and remarketing company specializing in: Motorcycles, ATVs, Side X Sides, Utility Vehicles, Personal Watercraft, Snowmobiles, Trailers, Recreational Vehicles, Boats, Parts, Gear, and Apparel
As the leading powersports remarketing company in the U.S., NPA serves dealers, OEMs, and lending institutions throughout the nation with a complete range of auction-related services. Having sold nearly 1 million vehicles since inception, NPA plays an important role in assisting clients liquidate inventory and maximize returns. Dealers throughout the world utilize NPA for acquisition of wholesale vehicles and to ensure their pre-owned inventory meets their customer's demands.