Motorcycle – Powersport Technician
If you’re a skilled Motorcycle or Powersport related technician, or fresh out of Motorcycle Mechanics School, looking for a full-time, Monday-Friday schedule, this could be the career for you.
National Powersport Auctions (www.npauctions.com) is the number one provider of Auction and Remarketing services in the Powersport industry. Created in 1990 by founders from the industry, NPA serves lenders and dealers throughout the nation with a complete range of auction-related services. We realize we play an important role in the growth and profitability of all our customers, and we are dedicated to providing them with the tools and first-class service they need to be successful.
NPA has a total of nine locations across the country and will continue to add more in the coming months. Our headquarters is based in San Diego, but Nationwide facilities are also located in the following cities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This person is responsible for reviewing and recommending powersport related service work. They will also be responsible for performing all recommended repairs safely and responsibly.
Basic Employee Responsibilities:
· Arrive to work on time per required work schedule
· Be courteous and respectful to fellow employees and customers
· Use company equipment for company purposes only
· Operate company vehicles safely and within their intended purpose
· Dress appropriately for particular job duties and within the parameters of our current employee manual (no open toe shoes in the warehouse)
· Keep work area neat and clean at all times
· Always ask questions when uncertainty arises
Job Specific Requirements:
· Have a good working knowledge of computers, we can teach you our programs.
· Have a good working knowledge of powersport related vehicles and their mechanical operation
· Review units for repairs and make recommendations
· Detail recommendations in service/repair order within our internal management system
· Change batteries as necessary
· Must be able to maneuver and operate a 2-wheel motorcycle with expertise
· Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
· Help unload/load vehicles from trucks and trailers as needed
· Must not be sensitive to chemicals, cleaners, and fuel fumes
· Responsible for all company equipment and tools associated with recon and service
· Report any misuse of company tools and equipment
· Report any violations of company and safety guidelines as discussed in annual meetings
· Properly determine the issue the first time
· Assist in diagnostics
· Verify the Concern, Cause, and Correction required for each vehicle that requires an estimate for the cost to repair
· Verify that all proper tests have been performed in our diagnosis process prior to submitting an estimate
· Determine schedule based on parts availability for service techs
· Maintain the importance of prioritizing work based on various commitments
· Make sure top priorities are in and out as fast as possible while keeping the quality of work at the highest standards
· Ability to perform all tasks across all makes and models
· 1-5 years of experience is preferred, but not required
· A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
· Possess basic hand tools
· Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
· 401(k) Plans
· Holidays Off
· Paid Vacation
· Stock Options
· Fun Work Environment
· Motorcycle Riding
We actively search for new talent to help us continue our world-class customer service. If you enjoy working in an exciting industry and are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a world-class team, apply online today.
About National Powersport Auctions
National Powersport Auctions is the world's largest powersport auction and remarketing company specializing in: Motorcycles, ATVs, Side X Sides, Utility Vehicles, Personal Watercraft, Snowmobiles, Trailers, Recreational Vehicles, Boats, Parts, Gear, and Apparel
As the leading powersports remarketing company in the U.S., NPA serves dealers, OEMs, and lending institutions throughout the nation with a complete range of auction-related services. Having sold nearly 1 million vehicles since inception, NPA plays an important role in assisting clients liquidate inventory and maximize returns. Dealers throughout the world utilize NPA for acquisition of wholesale vehicles and to ensure their pre-owned inventory meets their customer's demands.