Regional RV and Marine Sales Manager
NOTE: Please do not apply if you do not have direct marine and/or RV experience.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager to join our team and continue to expand our success in the Marine and RV business. We have an opening in the Eastern territory that includes the Eastern half of the United States, with emphasis on Florida and the Southeast. The ideal candidate will reside in Florida.
Reporting to the Department Vice President, the Regional Sales Manager position is a highly visible outside sales position responsible for developing new client revenue growth in the region. The Regional Sales Manager is a hunter who will build long-term relationships in the Marine and RV industry and work closely with our sales, administrative, and operations departments to achieve the region’s goals and primary purpose.
· Generate new business by initiating and developing relationships with dealers in the region.
· Maintain current understanding of RV and Marine sales to validate credibility and trust with dealers.
· Frequent correspondence with dealers, mostly from onsite visits in the field.
· Create and implement a strategic sales plan for territory penetration and management.
· Understand dealers’ sales and operational challenges and provide solutions to assist them in inventory management and cash flow.
· Proactively penetrate and radiate in existing accounts in the region and increase consignment business by analyzing current dealer inventory statistics and growing monthly dealer consignment allocation.
· Understand the region’s trends, changes, and uniqueness and provide feedback to management.
· Define new opportunities and manage to closure.
· Manage auction day and be highly involved with the auction process ensuring that dealers are provided a world-class level of service.
· Coordinate with our transportation group for the pickup of consignment units.
· Continually update industry knowledge by studying current events and competitive market dynamics.
· Travel up to 70% of the time to meet with clients and attend special events and required meetings.
· Daily use of our customer management software.
· Generate reports on sales activities and pull custom reports as requested.
· Perform quarterly client and regional market reviews.
· Provide a monthly forecast of sales results.
· Weekly participation in nationwide sales calls.
· Prepare and maintain a regional control module, including sales and growth strategy, account reviews, marketing lead analysis and conversation, forecasting, and sales results.
· Sales skills: Identifies and sells to customers’ needs, translates our services to benefits, delivers effective presentations, and uses closing skills.
· Sales goals: Achieves business plan and meets new business development goals
· Negotiation skills: Conducts positive negotiations, handles conflict, seeks common ground, and stays focused on a positive outcome.
· Territory management: Develops sales/marketing plans, forecasts sales, manages time, creates effective call plans, monitors and responds to competition, networks, and generates referrals.
· Results-focused: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, and provides leadership and motivation.
· Interpersonal skills: Builds strong relationships, is flexible, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, and handles constructive criticism.
· Listening skills: Listens attentively to others, asks clarifying questions, and manages distractions and interruptions.
· Communication: Communicates well verbally and in writing, creates accurate reports, delivers presentations, and shares information and ideas with others.
· Adaptability: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
· Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance and punctuality requirements.
· Integrity: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good and bad news.
· Must reside and have selling experience in the Eastern states in the US. (Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.)
· Be passionate about the Marine, RV, and Powersports industries
· Experience with Marine and RV dealers and the industry
· Outside Sales experience
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Willing to travel a majority of the time covering the territory
· Computer skills (MS Office Suite; Outlook, CRM software)
· Ability to analyze and report on data
· Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments at one time
· Good presentation skills, both verbal and written
· Dependable, honest, and a team player
Apply to join an industry leader in powersport vehicle remarketing services. National Powersport Auctions is an equal-opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity.
About National Powersport Auctions
Since our founding in 1990, National Powersport Auctions (NPA) has been a trailblazer recognized as the world’s largest provider of powersport vehicle remarketing services. NPA serves dealers, OEMs, and lending institutions throughout the nation with a complete range of auction-related services for powersports specializing in motorcycles, electric bikes, all-terrain vehicles, side x sides, utility vehicles, boats, personal watercraft, recreational vehicles, campers, snowmobiles, golf cars, outdoor power equipment, and trailers. NPA offers a range of job opportunities nationwide, comprehensive benefits, and paths for professional growth and advancement in a super cool environment. Apply today to be considered to join our world-class customer service-oriented team and powersport workplace culture.
NPA has company-owned and staffed facilities in Atlanta, Georgia; Cincinnati, Ohio; Dallas, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Lakeland, Florida; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Portland, Oregon; Sacramento, California and San Diego, California. NPA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Copart, Inc. Visit https://www.npauctions.com/cp/NPA_Careers to learn more.