The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for tele-sales and web entries, payment processing, shipping, and fulfilling orders. Provides initial customer support through phone calls, email, and social media, maintaining a professional dialogue with customers at all times. Ensure the customer is aware of all products that are available for their application, (including possible up-sell opportunities) and the correct part is being sold. (Previous experience as a Harley Motorcycle Technician or parts counter experience helpful)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional duties assigned as needed:
1. Primary point of contact for all retail and dealer direct (sales & technical) customers via phone, email, and social media.
2. Responsible for internet sales entries, fulfillment, shipping, and tracking.
· All sales require an emailed invoice with USPS or UPS tracking numbers.
3. First point of contact for all retail and dealer (non-warranty) product returns.
· If you are unable to help the customer and you feel the item is defective, a Return Merchandise Authorization/RMA will need to be created so the item can be returned to us for testing.
4. Respond via company email to questions and concerns from customers using the company Instagram or Facebook platforms.
5. Professionally interact with all internal and external customers by providing and processing information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about NAMZ products and services.
6. Report defective materials or questionable conditions directly to your Supervisor.
7. Work directly with Sales and Marketing team on planning/executing effective sales and marketing campaigns utilizing print media and social media platforms.
8. Support Sales & Marketing Manager with dealer support materials and fulfilling special order items.
9. Support and track prospective dealers, funnel dealer traffic to online dealer orders.
10. Preform all assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner.
11. Become the SME/Subject Matter Expert for all NAMZ, Badlands and Letric Lighting Co. products and all of their many uses and applications.
12. Must be able to work overtime (nights and weekends) and travel for shows when necessary.
13. Comply with all company policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
1. Ability to read, write and understand the English language. Read blueprints, schematics, or other drawings in the creation of assemblies, sub-assemblies, and harnesses.
2. Detailed oriented.
3. Good interpersonal skills. Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
4. Dependable with the ability to read and follow instructions and apply to assigned tasks, respond to management direction.
5. Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment such as delays, change or unexpected events and still maintain productivity.
6. Show respect and sensitivity for cultural/personal differences; work with integrity and ethically; keeps commitments and upholds organizational values.
7. Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and work well in groups to solve problems.
8. Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others views that contribute to a positive team environment; Supports the efforts of the team to succeed.
9. Use and be familiar with assembly and measuring tools, interpret visual aids and must be able to perform simple shop mathematics.
10. Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Ability to operate in a production-driven environment.
2. Physical activity requiring reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
3. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
4. May be required to operate power equipment.
5. Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
6. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
7. Associate is required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
8. Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.