Be a part of a growing Harley-Davidson dealership located in North Georgia.
We are looking for a Service Manager to lead a busy Service Department. This role involves managing a team of service technicians, ensuring excellent customer service, and maintaining the quality of motorcycle repairs and maintenance.
Key Result Areas
Service Department Operations
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross $ net profit.
- Maximize productivity levels of service technicians.
- Ensure service personnel are alert, well trained, and available when needed.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Establish procedures to initiate and forward all customers paid, warranty and internal repair orders.
- Develop procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts to Service Technicians during jobs.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
- Ensure employees keep a clean, efficient, and orderly department.
2) Customer Service
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department.
- Give special attention to repeat orders to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Maintain service follow-up programs.
- Grow the volume of service work.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the Parts & Sales departments.
- Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with service department issues.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work load of all employees.
- Monitor and address all comebacks with individual technicians.
- Establish job assignments for all service employees within their skill levels.
- Set policies and procedures for service department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and termination employees.
- Maintain records of all employees’ performance reviews.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided to all service employees (seminars, workshops, sales schools, etc.)
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all service personnel, maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the service business.
- Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- 5 years progressive experience within the service department of a motor vehicle dealership.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with point-of-sale and parts & service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to experience with other systems.
- Current, valid motorcycle license.
About Mountain Creek Harley-Davidson
North Georgia's Premier Harley-Davidson dealership located in Dalton, GA.
I-75 Exit 333