Senior Motorcycle Technician, Dealership
We are committed to providing the highest level of service in the powersports industry. For us, that means staffing knowledgeable Senior Technician (Sr. Tech) who is passionate about the industry and ready and waiting to consistently deliver upon that commitment. As a technician, you will be responsible for performing inspections, diagnosis, repairs, maintenance, and installations efficiently and according to the dealership’s quality, safety, and time standards. Primary objectives include ensuring customer satisfaction and retention by fixing units correctly on the first visit. This role may also be required to provide support to entry-level technicians on an as-needed basis.
About the Role:
- The Senior Motorcycle Technician will be responsible for achieving monthly and annual goals set by management
- Competent in diagnosing and repairing any product sold in the dealership
- Must be able to accurately perform full and complete diagnosis on products in for service
- Able to communicate to Service Manager or Writer repairs necessary both verbally and in writing
- Ability to train, mentor, and transfer skills to less experienced technicians
- Ability to assemble new units
- Ability to do pre-delivery inspections of new units
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Abide by all dealership policies pertaining to the department
- Follow company dress codes and be well-groomed at all times
- Any other specific duties deemed necessary for the overall success of the department and the dealership as a whole
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all other employees
- Customer-first mindset
- Ownership of a complete set of tools
- Mechanical knowledge of all of the rider segments that we sell to/storefronts (Dirt, Street, ATV, Utility ATV, UTV, Cruiser)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Proactive mindset and creative problem-solving skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to use or learn electronic platforms such as laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets, etc. These will be used for things such as industry software,
- timekeeping (Dayforce), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Exchange, etc.), Outlook (email and calendar) and Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Documents, etc.)
- Virginia State Inspector preferred but not required
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- May be required to push and/or balance a 600 pound vehicle
- The ability to spend the majority of the day on your feet
- Working Conditions: The Sr. Tech will potentially be exposed to:
- Battery acid
- Chemical cleaning materials or
- Other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle place of business.
- Smoke from grinding, exhaust, etc. as commonly found in automotive environments
- Temperature extremes; weather conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About MotoSport Roanoke
Our mission is clear: We exist to ensure powersports enthusiasts never miss a ride.
MotoSport Roanoke is proud to be part of MotoSport.com. MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly, hybrid office culture office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include annual bonus eligibility, medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid parental leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending Accounts.